PDA

View Full Version : Panic about lump!

unicorn1016
27-12-17, 17:32
About two weeks ago I found a small, hard lump in the fatty skin just underneath my chin. You can’t move it and it’s painless. I don’t think it has changed in these two weeks. I’ve dealt with health anxiety before and keep googling my symptoms, I’m scared it is cancerous/a swollen lymph node but it is slightly red on the surface of the skin which might rule a lymph node out? I know I should go to the doctor but I’m too scared, anyone have any idea what it could be?

countrygirl
27-12-17, 18:08
Bet its a pimple. I have had blind pimples under my chin. No head just vague pinkness. Stay same size. Mine lasted 6 months then seddenly came to a head. Burst and cleared up.
If it helps then get a dr to look at it as they know where lymph nodes are.

Careful1
27-12-17, 18:23
I agree with Countrygirl, since its red its probably one of those pimples that grow under the skin. I think its called cystic acne. They are hard, often redish and have no head when they first develop. They seem to stick around for a long time. If you mess around with them, they can become tender. I have had them before and they are aggervating. Dont mess with it or try to pop it, since it has no head you will be breaking through your skin and it will leave a scar... It will go away eventually.

Lev1985
27-12-17, 19:25
Could also be an ingrown hair. I had one of these on my scalp and it was as you described.