PDA

View Full Version : Lymphnodes and FREAKING OUT/changes throughout day

anxious andi
27-12-17, 19:51
I will *try* to make this as short of possible.

Had mole removed near base of head early Nov. Noticed a lump in early December. Queue freak out. I pushed, poked, prodded and basically abused it. Wound up at a walk in clinic over the weekend because I just couldn't function. She assured me it wasn't a lymph node. It didn't make sense that it wasn't one-- but I tried to swallow he answer.

Decided to follow up with derm clinic that removed mole so they could tell me if maybe this was normal after a mole removal. DR said that he wasn't positive if it was lymph node, but considered it normal if it was- because I just had an open wound about 8mm right above it.

I touched it - and it got bigger, and eventually found myself at Urgent Care a few days later. It's not because the lymph node was "urgent" but my mental health status WAS. Saw an NP. She said it absolutely WAS a lymph node, but nothin to worry about. No reason to follow up, have further testing-- and she seemed very confident on her position on the matter.

I eventually stopped touching that lymph node (right side) for the most part. I obviously checked it, but really did a pretty good job at leaving it alone.

I still occasionally made "comparisons" to the left and right side. But here's where things lead me into a frenzy. When this whole thing started, in retrospect, I do think I could feel the node on my left side, as well. Only when I turned my head/neck in certain positions though-- The first night I found this node I went to town on both sides trying to get a good comparison.

But the node of the left side eventually went down (or so I thought- I never paid too much attention to that side).

Well the other night after a hot bath, I made a quick comparison (you know...it gets me through the day)....and to my surprise, the left side was a bit "puffy".

Things about me: I carry all stress in my neck and shoulders. They are full of knots and always a certain level of soreness- I've just learned how to deal. When I become really stressed, the base of my head gets "inflamed" for lack of a better way to put it. It almost gets an itchy sensation. My mom has the same thing- and we've both had it for years. Not consistent, but happens when we are stressed/uptight. No matter how much I try, my neck ends up in the WORST positions when I sleep. No pillow has ever been able to keep me successfully in a good sleep position.

I haven't been to DR since I've noticed the lymph node on the left side. It was the week before Christmas.

The right side lymph node is likely shotty at this point- I screwed with it that much. I've accepted that. The left is softer, and changes a lot through out the day!! It seems "firm" in the morning, but after a bit of massage it turns soft and goes down. And then it varies all day!

Questions:

Has anyone ever had a lymph node that changes all day??

Can stress cause a node to swell a bit? It's right in the area where all of my stress collects I feel like.

Could the fact that my neck in constantly tense cause this?

Today is a bad mental health day because of those and I can't seem to put it at the back of my mind.

Meriland30
27-12-17, 22:57
Before I answer, is there anyway you can take a photo or show where this lump exactly it is?

Fishmanpa
27-12-17, 23:13
Before I answer, is there anyway you can take a photo or show where this lump exactly it is?

A photo will do nothing but feed the dragon :lac:

Frankly, this is not unlike many node posts here. There's nothing that sounds sinister nor warrants any additional attention be it self inflicted or from a medical professional. This is more about perception than reality IMO.

Treating the reasons behind why so much attention is being directed at perceived swollen nodes is more important.

Positive thoughts

anxious andi
28-12-17, 15:21
Treating the reasons behind why so much attention is being directed at perceived swollen nodes is more important.

I tried to quote that but I am new and didn't do it right :(

How do I know why it is bigger if I don't see a DR? I can take guesses, but are they any good?

Here are my personal guesses so far:

1) This lymph node (where trap muscle is towards the top) has always been palpable but I made it angry when I started making comparisons after I found the right side? (I want to believe that, but I'm not sure it was really there at first)

2) Because my neck muscles are CONSTANTLY tight and I have been walking around like a wound up hunchback for almost a month due the anxiety my node on the right side caused......that I have just pissed everything off even more.

3) Because I truly have been *that* stressed out- that I am producing more stress hormones and now my body is cleaning house- but also that I play with it, so it' making the process more difficult for my node.

4) I am dying.