PDA

View Full Version : Bruises and leukemia

worryingmum
27-12-17, 20:34
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've been here but this evening I saw some bruises on my thighs and upper legs and there is no reason that they would be there..... Obviously I think I have leukemia (😣) I don't want to think this but I do.
Anyone else had similar? I had ok blood counts in the summer but nothing really recent. I feel normal apart from normal ibs issues. Urghhhhh
K

Bastett
27-12-17, 21:02
I've had them my whole life. I even had huge 15x20 cm BLACK bruise on my calf some 4 years ago after visiting a hot bath house. Even my GP got worried but all tests came back fine and I am still here with still good blood tests. The only thing that is not ok is my ferritin level which was really low when I last checked - 7, I have upped it to 14 by eating meat for a month.

I think that leukemia would show up in the blood count right away as often it is the first thing people get diagnosed.

worryingmum
27-12-17, 21:14
Thank u for the reply.

Just wish the bloods wud of been more recent...
Just had a row with the other half about it too as he thinks I'm bein even more ridiculous than normal. Says to just go to the Dr's otherwise will ruin rest if xmas week. :unsure:

Careful1
27-12-17, 21:32
If your blood work was normal and bruises are the only symptom you have, its highly unlikely have Leukemia... Honestly, both Leukemia and lymphoma are rather rare when compared to other types of cancer...

Try not to worry

Annaboodle
27-12-17, 23:20
I get a lot of little bruises some times. I think with my kids (youngest if 3) and a lively puppy, I get them without realising when they climb all over me!