PDA

View Full Version : Hacked up blood!!

Pandarug
28-12-17, 22:29
I just hacked a loogie that was mostly blood!! I have this mysterious infection or whatever it is right now. I had a runny nose and a very strong cough last week, it went away (the cough was still there yet very light) i also had a very specific pain in my lung, also when i suck in and raise my arms i can see that my left rib cage pops out way farther than my right!!! What if something is pushing it out. Two days ago my tonsils hurt my lymph nodes hurt and my right tonsil was big, I feel pretty good today. The only thing I have now is I keep hacking up snot and stuff. I have that cough which has been bring up stuff. I had strep throat two months ago and I hacked up some blood. Is this worrisome?! I can’t go to the doctor on my own will so I’ll have to beg my mom!! Anyone have this??
I’m a 15 years old and I don’t smoke anything

ankietyjoe
28-12-17, 23:12
I had this a couple of years ago with a bad cough. It's most likely nothing to worry about as I was told it's pretty common to pinch a nerve when you're coughing really hard.

You definitely need to get it checked out, but in the meantime try not to overthink it.

Despite feeling like you need to, try not to cough too hard, that's what can rupture a blood vessel and bring up a little blood.

Fishmanpa
28-12-17, 23:23
From a couple of days ago... here's your explanation. Might warrant a doctor visit if it persists.

There’s a a long story behind this but at the beginning of November I had strep throat. Since then I’ve had bumps in the back of my throat, something that was like bronchitis or a sinus infection and an after cough that won’t go away. Well today I have a sore throat that just started, it feels mostly achy, my right tonsil is big and my lymph nodes hurt. I had a very gradual head ache all day, it very weak though. Yesterday I blew my nose and it had yellow in it. How am I sick again?? I’m scared and mad, I just barely got better from my last sickness.

Positive thoughts

Pandarug
28-12-17, 23:46
I probably should have mentioned it was mixed in mucus or whatever I’ve been hacking up. And I will try to go to the doctors :^)