PDA

View Full Version : Opening up to people

Panda22
29-12-17, 01:39
I feel like this is an important one.. letting your family and people close to you know what you're dealing with and going trough .. There's nothing worse then having to pretend to be ok and everything's good around people, in my opinion

Before i told my family i would be with them and would pretend to be ok while on the inside i was dying .. it's the worst feeling!!

Now that i tell my family i feel more secure knowing that they know what's going on with me and can help or understand.. instead of having to act like i'm fine when i'm really not..

Just a tip .. you will feel some relief when you tell the people close to you and you can start getting better

peters
17-01-18, 21:22
It can be hard to tell even the closest people about your problems, but I agree with panda22: In the end, telling is always better, because that is the only way they can help you. You don't have to do this on your own!

Catherine S
17-01-18, 21:33
Good advice. Keeping mental health issues from those you share your life with only adds to your anxiety...and very lonely and isolating. It doesn't have to be family, it can be anybody in your life who you trust.