PDA

View Full Version : Bump on lip suddenly appeared??

patroclus
29-12-17, 05:10
So a bump directly on my top lip (not near the edge or anything so it’s not a pimple) just appeared out of nowhere & I’m worried it may be an allergic reaction of some kind? I just started taking Bactrim & Doxycycline yesterday for a skin infection I have and I’ve taken Bactrim before and had no problems, but I’m worried about a possible reaction to the Doxycycline. If this was allergic reaction, would there just be one bump like this with no other symptoms ir would there be a lot more? Should I be worrying about this or is it something common that I’m not aware of...Please help because my hypochondria has me really worrying about this :(
Thank you

Careful1
29-12-17, 05:26
I am honestly not sure, I have never heard of an allergic reaction present with just one bump on the lip if it's from something that was ingested but then again I am not an expert in allergic reactions. Normally one would get itchy hives, scratchy throat etc... Is there anyway you can call a pharmacy and ask to speak with a pharmcist and ask them? I don't know if you have a Walgreens in your city but they normally have at least one 24 hour one in the area...

Could something have bit you possibly?

patroclus
29-12-17, 05:34
Yeah..I mean I have a dry/scratchy throat but it’s very mild and has been there for days before I even started taking the meds due to a cold going around in my family. I don’t remember biting it in any way? All I can think of trauma-wise is that I had just brushed my teeth about 10 minutes before it appeared but I don’t think any injury happened during :/
There is a pharmacy I can call that’s open and I’m thinking of doing so but my anxiety is so bad and somehow calling a doctor seems to make it worse so I thought I’d ask here first to determine if it was truly something serious or not.
Thank you for your reply, by the way!

Careful1
29-12-17, 05:43
Well I'm sure it's nothing serious and I don't even really think it's likely to be an allergic reaction but I don't think calling a pharmacist and asking them will hurt and will likely give you peace of mind... Sometimes little things bite us and we don't feel nor see it when it happens but will later know it happened when we see the bump... Oh and your most welcome :) I too have health anxiety and normally get nervous taking a new medication so I know the feeling all to well...

cattia
29-12-17, 09:15
I get the odd hive that comes up around my lip, like a hard white lump. No idea what causes this but I've had it occasionally for years, I think it maybe happens when my lip gets sweaty. I usually take piriton and it goes down after a while.