PDA

View Full Version : Full mole mental breakdown

Nomoreworries12
29-12-17, 13:48
So I have been pretty good since my last post but recently for some reason I had a full mental breakdown about a mole I have had on my foot since around February. I keep analyzing it and seeing new stuff each time I look at it and it freaks me out. Yesterday I did the stupid thing of picking at it with tweezers getting rid of half of it. It’s crazy how drastically health anxiety changes your mood. Also full disclosure I have medically diagnosed OCD.

Here are the pictures of before and after I picked

Ibb.co/bVsCbb
ibb.co/gjjfUw

ShaunRyder
29-12-17, 16:02
Looks like a normal mole to be honest, try not to pick it anymore as looks like you have made it sore. I've had mole worries and the more you check the.more you think it's changing. Maybe put a plaster over it while it heals and it will also stop you checking.

sdoxo
29-12-17, 20:04
Looks like a normal mole to me. All it takes is a quick dermatology appointment to put your mind at ease :)

socksrox
30-12-17, 03:21
looks almost just like my mole! (and mine is on the bottom of my foot. gave me a huge scare LOL). i used to freak out a lot like you over it, and would constantly press a pencil against it to see if it got any bigger. eventually i just kept socks on all through spring - summer - winter so itd stop me from checking on my foot and getting paranoid, and now i can have my feet out without worrying since it hasnt changed. maybe you could try that too?

Nomoreworries12
30-12-17, 13:52
looks almost just like my mole! (and mine is on the bottom of my foot. gave me a huge scare LOL). i used to freak out a lot like you over it, and would constantly press a pencil against it to see if it got any bigger. eventually i just kept socks on all through spring - summer - winter so itd stop me from checking on my foot and getting paranoid, and now i can have my feet out without worrying since it hasnt changed. maybe you could try that too?

That’s a good idea. I also love your username.