PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for test results

girlgryphon
29-12-17, 16:57
I had a CT scan this morning after months of left-sided abdominal pain that wraps around to the side and back. I don't expect to have results until probably Tuesday...could be something very minor or could be something horrible. (Guess where my HA takes me?)

Do you have any tips for coping with the anxiety of waiting on news like this?

Mindprison
29-12-17, 17:21
I've had various tests done this year for many different things. Some of them legitimate, some of them not.

If there's one thing i've learned it's that the results are never as bad as your expectations. Also, after the first few I started to realize that it's pointless worrying about the results because it won't change them. If you have a problem, you have a problem and nothing you do can change that.

It sounds easier said than done, but there's no point getting yourself worked up about the things we can't change. Besides, the chances of it being something benign are actually extremely high.

anxious andi
29-12-17, 19:26
Any chance your pain is also in you buttocks/glutes as well?

I had similar pain- from abdomen wrapped around hip and down into my glutes. Literally thought I was dying for 5 days- laying down or resting didn't help, but the pain was so intense that I couldn't really function.

In my case, it was severe sciatic pain. My glute muscle was SO tight that it was constant pain. After PT, it got much better.