PDA

View Full Version : I have a mole which has two colours and it makes me crazy

lgr123
29-12-17, 22:35
Hello guys! I am new here and I hope someone can help me. I am 17 and I am seriously hypochondric since I was a small kid. I always worry that I will be sick. Seriously sick.
My story is that once I was checking my face in the mirror when I spotted a mole on my neck which has two colours. To be honest I have never checked my moles so i don’t know if it was two coloured or not.
I got panic and I immediately searched it on google. It made me feel more stressful. I called my dermatologist and visited her who checked all my moles. When I showed her my suspicious mole she told me that I don’r have to worry cause it is perfectly symmetrical and the borders are fine too.
This story happened 7 months ago but I am still super worried. I check my mole every hour and I want to cry all night :( i take picture about my mole every month and it didn’t change since my last visit but I really don’t know what to do:huh:

nomorepanic
29-12-17, 23:21
Stop checking it and trust the dermatologist - they know what they are looking for.

If necessary put a plaster on it so you don't keep checking it.

It hasn't changed so it can't be anything sinister.

sdoxo
29-12-17, 23:55
I have lots and lots of spots, and I see my dermatologist every 6 months. There have been moles that looked suspicious to me that she felt were fine. There were also moles that I would have never looked twice at but she felt they needed to be removed.

Point is, trust your derma. They know what they are looking for.