PDA

View Full Version : sharing my own death fears

emily67
30-12-17, 12:53
I want to share my own death fears with the forum.

they are that:

A. when I die, the world will just go on without me

and B, when I die, I'll just be forgotten

the first one I know I can't do anything about- the world will just continue on regardless. it does not keep note of who's alive and who's passed on (though it's still hard for me to grasp, very hard)

the second one is even harder to grasp- I don't want to be forgotten when I die, but then what would I be remembered for?. it's not like i made a huge contribution to society

and who would remember me anyway.

my family shut me out of their lives 12 years ago (it's not for this thread, but they've said what they will do if I try to contact them), and the only friends I have are ones on online forums such as this one.

thought i'd share these fears.. does anyone else have these?

Bigboyuk
30-12-17, 13:22
Emily again this is sad and when family talk like that it makes it even harder for you:hugs: again I will post this phobia/ocd website for you please follow it up they even have a telephone number to speak to some one and have many resources too it's: www.topuk.org (http://www.topuk.org) check it out for some piece of mind :) ATB

emily67
30-12-17, 13:28
Emily again this is sad and when family talk like that it makes it even harder for you:hugs: again I will post this phobia/ocd website for you please follow it up they even have a telephone number to speak to some one and have many resources too it's: www.topuk.org (http://www.topuk.org) check it out for some piece of mind :) ATB

I have it open now in another window.

can't find much about what it actually does though

helps people get over their fears, but how. it doesn't say

Bigboyuk
30-12-17, 13:39
I have it open now in another window.

can't find much about what it actually does though

helps people get over their fears, but how. it doesn't say Ok at the top of the screen (very top) it's scrolls across on it's own when it says getting help click on more unless you delve deeper you wont find out they have support groups over all the uk and if you are still stuck why not give the telephone number a call and speak to some one who can point you in the right direction :) ATB

emily67
30-12-17, 18:15
Ok at the top of the screen (very top) it's scrolls across on it's own when it says getting help click on more unless you delve deeper you wont find out they have support groups over all the uk and if you are still stuck why not give the telephone number a call and speak to some one who can point you in the right direction :) ATB

I might do that.

they'll be closed now

I'll call tomorrow

X