PDA

View Full Version : Terrified...

unicorndusy
30-12-17, 18:30
Hi everyone,

Been trying to put my worries at the back of my head recently but today has hit another low. I’m not going to write the whole story down again as I have other threads but I basically have a problem with my left leg. I’ve had this lump on it (lower leg) that hurts when I exercise and often when I walk for a while and it’s been there for ages now. I didn’t really give much thought to it until recently when my upper leg (same leg) had a problem where I ended up getting four opinions, all of which said it’s definitely muscular and not a blood clot like I was scared of. Got over that and started going to the gym, over Christmas I’ve stopped going until I go back in the new year. Seen a doctor finally about the lump and she said she thinks it’s an ingrown hair (cyst) but has referred me for an ultrasound which my letter came through yesterday about. It’s on the 9th of Jan and I’m worried as now the skin around the area of the lump and above it (basically my calf) has turned paler in places but when I walk around it seems to disappear completely. I’m obviously thinking there’s a huge blood clot and my circulation is failing. I know none of you can diagnose me so I’m gonna try and hold on until the scan to see what they find and then speak to my doctor about it after. I just can’t get it out of my head that it’s a blood clot. I’m 17 and this has made every single doctor I see brush it off and I read these horror stories about teens who had them and died. The lower leg isn’t swollen, hot or red which are classic symptoms of it but I know some people have one without any or very vague ones. Also had pins and needles in my foot and shooting pain in my thigh. Back pain as well. I’m so scared.

Peace and love

anxious andi
01-01-18, 03:06
Sit down and put your legs out in front of you. Reach down to your toes and bend them back towards you. Do you have insane pain? If yes, head to Emergency. If no, it's likely not a blood clot.

unicorndusy
01-01-18, 12:48
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I have just tried this out and don't feel any intense pain so it re-assured me - thanks. Happy new year:yahoo:

Peace and love

Ash J
01-01-18, 13:29
Hey Unicorn, although I don't have a lump, I have stinging pain in my calves on a daily basis, this has been on and off for about 4 months now. I too have been convinced there may be a blood clot but also don't have any redness or swelling ect. Even had the Dr do a clot blood test about a month ago which came back negative, still not 100% convinced but then again I would assume it would get worse over time if there was one which it hasn't. Just to let you know you aren't alone with this, I too tried the above exercise and could only feel tightness in my tendons :unsure:

Pepperpot
01-01-18, 19:49
Hi
The doctor will have seen many an ingrown hair in her time. I doubt she would confuse it with a blood clot. The reason for the scan is only to make sure its a hair before cutting into it. x

unicorndusy
01-01-18, 22:38
Hey Unicorn, although I don't have a lump, I have stinging pain in my calves on a daily basis, this has been on and off for about 4 months now. I too have been convinced there may be a blood clot but also don't have any redness or swelling ect. Even had the Dr do a clot blood test about a month ago which came back negative, still not 100% convinced but then again I would assume it would get worse over time if there was one which it hasn't. Just to let you know you aren't alone with this, I too tried the above exercise and could only feel tightness in my tendons :unsure:

Hi there,

Sorry to hear how long you have been struggling for, it's a nightmare isn't it? The blood test is one of the sure ways of knowing and if it has come back negative then you certainly don't have one - I haven't had this test and doubt I will considering how defiant they are it's "nothing". I feel tightness too, but in both legs so that's a good sign. I hate having this fear, it's awful but hopefully it'll be over soon! Thanks for the reply and happy 2018!

Peace and love

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

Hi
The doctor will have seen many an ingrown hair in her time. I doubt she would confuse it with a blood clot. The reason for the scan is only to make sure its a hair before cutting into it. x

Hi, thanks for the reply! I know I should trust her but of course I still think it's the worst! I hope they do end up cutting it out if I'm honest because it's ruining my enjoyment of exercise! Thanks again :)

Peace and love