PDA

View Full Version : I have been symptom free for 2 months then bam!! Its back

emanticoff73
30-12-17, 19:56
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia on Nov. 3 of this year. I went through 3 minths of complete hell. I thought i was dying. I had muscle pain all over, joint pain all over, muscle twitches, involuntary movements, headaches, tmj, muscle spasms, severe anxiety and depression. Then one day it all just vanished. To my suprise i did not look back. I didnt question it in my head i was thankful and looked forward thinki g maybe i injured myself and had healed. 2 months of pure bliss. Then bam! Two days ago i woke up with foot and leg pain. It was a familiar pain. I freaked and next thing i knew it was in my arms and shoulders. Needless to say im devastated. The muscle jerks are back too which is whats freaking me out the most. Im not on any meds so nothing to blame. Is this what fibromyalgia is? Does it come and go. Or do i have a disease. Scared its parkinsons or ms because supposedly they come and go. I have seen a nuerologist twice. And a,rhuematologist who diagnosed me with fibromyalgia because my blood tests for auto immune diseases were normal and so was my creatine. Im so confused. This is really depressing. I thought i was home free and ready to celebrate the new year. Any thoughts. Should i suck it up to fibromyalgia, the cold, its 14 degrees in New York, or maybe just normal wear and tear of a 44 yr old mom? Please, i would live some thoughts on this. I havent been on this site for 2 months. Not exactly thrilled to bw back on but the best people are on this site.

BazB44
30-12-17, 20:06
im in the same boat as you. I live in the Washington DC area, and was great for several months. Once the cold weather hit, my symptoms came back with a vengeance. From what I hear, it might have to do with circulation? Apparently the cold weather can give your body weird symptoms because of circulation issues.

unicorndusy
30-12-17, 20:16
Hey there,

I'm so sorry to hear your symptoms have come back again, with fibromyalgia I hear it can come in waves and be gone one day and come back the next. It's perfectly normal and nothing to be concerned about, however if you feel you need some support then we are right here for you. The cold weather has been particularly brutal this year, I myself have suffered quite a bit. Stay strong.

Peace and love

emanticoff73
30-12-17, 21:43
Thanks guys for the reply. Just dont want to go through that again. It was hell. How can involuntary muscle jerks and twitches just vanish for 2 months and come back from one day to the next. So frustrating. I have cried for two days. Thought this nitemare was behind me. Do diseases come and go, especially muscle or neurological? Anyone else with fibromyalgia that comes and goes?

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

I did have a chiropracter do an adjustment and he used the tens machine. Things got better after that.