PDA

View Full Version : Cystits symptoms anyone??

Sophs50522
30-12-17, 22:44
Hi guys i am back again... i posted here not long ago about worries ( that funny enough have now disappeared) i was without a doubt having anxiety symptoms and im so relieved they have gone however ... ive now been plagued with something more uncomfortable. Soon as i started to over come my health anxiety another problem arises. I started having UTI symptoms, lower back and belly ache and urge to urinate more frewuently. I suspected a UTI and went to doctors after no improvement for 1 week, tests were clear no bacteria. I was prescribed antibitoics just incase but no improvement, week 2 i still had discomfort so i went back to doctors and she told me to keep drinking water it will pass but to do a blood test to see id kidneys are okay.. blood tests all fine. Im now on week 4 with little improvement. I researched and all i can see is interstitial cystits. It sounds awful and i really dont wamt this :( ive always had a healthy bladder i just cant see how this would come out of no where?? Has anyone had cyatits with no bacteria thats cleared up on its own with no return? Im really scared here. Helpp

Leslie735
31-12-17, 03:45
This happened to me 4 years ago and is what began my anxiety. It started one evening and I figured it was a UTI. It wasn't. :/ It was on and off for about 8 months before I realized it was my anxiety causing it. Once I just let it be and didn't let it scare me, it disappeared.

Duchesskitty
31-12-17, 05:31
I’ve been having the exact same thing: all the symptoms but tests come back negative.
I’ve tried something new this week which seems to be helping a bit: I’m taking cymalon cranberry supplements and have cut down my caffeine intake (reduced caffeinated tea from 8+ cups a day to 3-4 and having decaf instead of the others).
Maybe it’s a placebo but the urgency has gone!

Sophs50522
31-12-17, 08:35
I hope mine goes soon, interstial cystitis terrifies me!! My urgency comes and goes in waves but i just cant seem to shift that feeling.
Im always bloated down there. Feels a bit like period cramps.
It got really awful one day and i ended up drinking litres of water and eating bread only. It took 5 days to get back up to what i should say 70% normal.
Its really stressful :(

cattia
31-12-17, 12:10
I also had this. If you search my old threads you'll probably find posts about it. I also had it for a few months and totally panicked myself about it, spent ages researching interstitial cystitis and basically decided that my life as I knew it was over. It was a hard one to crack as I got to the point where I was needing to urinate every ten minutes. What helped in the end was giving myself a time limit that I could only go to the toilet once every half hour no matter how much I felt I needed it. That gave me windows of time where I could slightly stop obsessing over it because I knew that I couldn't go so I had to try to forget about it and distract myself until the half an hour had passed. In the end I realised that all the pain and urgency were caused by my constant hyper focus on it and slowly but surely it went away. Only to be replaced by some other worry but that's HA for you!

O_O
31-12-17, 12:30
I used to suffer very badly from cystitis. However, mine was different in that antibiotics worked for me. But I realised I couldn't just be taking antibiotics every month.

I started taking a supplement called Waterfall D Mannose and I've never had a problem since. I don't even need to take it any more. It's expensive, but was a godsend for me. Don't know if it would work for you, since your symptoms are somewhat different, but worth considering!

DonnaT
31-12-17, 17:26
I suffer with cystitis A LOT. Last summer I had for months on end. One day I had a word with myself, sat down and worked out what I was drinking and how much. It turns out that coffee was having a massive effect on me and caused a lot of issues. I stopped coffee and tea and just drank, drank when I wasn’t thirsty but I drank and soon I started to feel better, use probiotics as well. Just drink water, I found sodium citrate ( I think that’s what it’s called, please ask at boots) it’s brilliantly, tastes horrible but I find it works well, it comes in a bottle.

Sophs50522
31-12-17, 19:55
Hey cattia, youve given me some slight hope that this could go away on its own ( i really hope it do ) i just wish it was something else, its a very frustrating feeling. I've always had decaf tea about 2 cups a day and a glass of squash. Ive always known i dont drink as much as i should so i assumed that was my problem but 4 weeks on. 6 bottles of water a day and still no improvement. I really am praying it will go. Id much rather my last health anxiety problem over this one as its really hard to ignore.
Donna is it bacteria cystitis you keep suffering with or non bacterial? Id much rather bacterial once a month than constant 4 weeks of this feeling :( i just cant see it going!
Thank you all for your help. I will just try and ride it out and hope for the best.

cattia
31-12-17, 20:16
Feel free to PM me, I'm more than happy to chat to you about it, it was a horrible time for me but it did go away in its own in the end.