PDA

View Full Version : Hypersensitivity and New Year resolution..

goodman
31-12-17, 01:58
Hi Everyone...

Firstly i would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year... we made it through another one!!!

I have noticed lately how hypersensitive I have been and thought i would share some thoughts...

I'm in my late 30s... Fairly Fit... no physical ailments etc... (apart from ones i think i have)...

I've had all the tests to do with my fear of my heart etc... Ecgs.. Echocardiogram (ultra sound).. stress test.. monitors overnight blood works.. Xrays etc etc.. all come back good... recent one just last month after a trip to ER.. ( panic attack ).. apparently the cardiologist said my cholesterol overall at 3.4 was exceptionally good and BP good also.. he said be thee of good spirit..

Now if you're like me we can be told by people who are medically trained.... spend their life doing this and doing it well that there is nothing wrong but the simple thing is our anxious and hypersensitive mind tell us otherwise...

I've got a counsellor and a shrink.. I'm on medication (ssri) and have the odd Valium... but at the end of the day this sits with us.... we can sometime be our own worse enemy... fueling our minds with negative thoughts... what ifs... googling.... the list goes on....

So what I'm trying to do is sit more with the uncomfortable feelings... accept things more.... not buy into the what ifs... meditate more... excercise more... embrace my over sympathetic nervous system... my over stimulated nerve endings... and take it day by day and not be so hard on myself...

Sitting here writing this... in a funny posture... my back is sore... my arm has pins and needles and my pec muscle is pinching.... ill move.. take some deep breaths and look at that... I'm fine....

Be thee of good spirit more often if you can.... be kind to yourself.... we will make it. Xx witha blip or three on the way.

God bless.

Imeleedi
31-12-17, 16:10
Likewise my aussie mate.

Hopefully we'll all still be around for another one of these next year haha.

goodman
31-12-17, 22:08
Likewise my aussie mate.

Hopefully we'll all still be around for another one of these next year haha.

I'm sure we wil be :)