PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety chatter feels like 24/7

clio51
31-12-17, 13:11
Ok need some help

This is making me ill, I can’t switch it off it’s seems to be running my life!
Like it telling me what to do, making decisions for me. I feel I’m loosing it
I’m on meds, venlafaxine and occasional diazepam. I know I have to take the venlafaxine but the diazepam I’m sat here now thinking should I take one, is it for these stupid irrational thoughts. Everything is becoming a question.
Should I get my breakfast, no I’m not hungry and I don’t feel like it. Lunch and tea is the same. It’s becoming a major issue, I have to cook for family and I can’t decide or even want what’s bought. I just sometimes mindfully spoon it in my mouth, as I know I need the food.
This is ruining my life, I’ve always had anxiety since I was 24, now 60
You’d think I’d know better.

Any suggestions that have helped you ?

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

Nobody!
I find it hard to believe I’m the only one that there Mind/brain is constantly thinking/chatting thoughts?

Jo74
31-12-17, 19:43
I understand how you feel. When I wake up the first thought I have is are you feeling anxious....then I start talking myself almost into the fact that I am and I will feel bad and it will.never get better. I have to have a routine and find a way to distract myself. CBT is supposed to be brilliant.have you ever tried counselling?? I'm starting a course in February and I know it will help me to beat these demons. Stay I touch and I hope you are feeling better xx

MyNameIsTerry
01-01-18, 05:07
I went through it. It was horrible. I would be thinking how to operate moving my arm to pick something up or any other process. I would even be thinking how to think.

Bringing down anxiety levels in general helps with this but I found it was like I had opened a door to something. Now I know my mind is busier so notice it more. It's the same experience I had with intrusive thoughts, even after beating them I still notice them when before my anxiety that wouldn't have been the case.

Meditation helps a lot. And inserting periods where you aren't given time to focus on your thinking. The same applies with relaxation, inserting periods where your body gets used to feeling less anxious. Basically trying to break the 24/7 non stop "new normal" we get. But meditation is a great skill that teaches you not to interact t and just let them be and you stop focusing on the chatter.

Certain neurotransmitters play a role in this as do their opposing neurotransmitters in calming the mind, for instance Glutamate causes mind racing and GABA restores balance to calm it down. The more "activated", the more you feel wired & thoughts are bouncing around. Adrenaline too. So, burn off adrenaline (exercise, deep breathing, etc) but influencing calming neurotransmitters with things like relaxation work & meditation are helpful in various ways.

DavidJ85
02-01-18, 14:26
Since I had a panic attack on Sunday night my mind is now spiralling full of anxious thoughts and I've been fine for months and months. Feel like I've fallen back into the pit! I really need to read up more on this mindfulness and meditation. Hopefully that can help!

Juggar
04-01-18, 07:07
Since I had a panic attack on Sunday night my mind is now spiralling full of anxious thoughts and I've been fine for months and months. Feel like I've fallen back into the pit! I really need to read up more on this mindfulness and meditation. Hopefully that can help!

Same here man, one panic attack over a year ago and I’m permanently damaged. Sucks.