PDA

View Full Version : Pain in knee, worrying about c-word...

snowflake293
31-12-17, 14:11
Hi guys

I have pain in my right knee. I first noticed it a few months ago when I was bending my leg in an exercise class. Both knees make 'crunchy' noises when I bend, but the right knee feels painful when I weight bear on it. I don't have any pain when walking/resting, just bending.

It eases off if I take painkillers and the pain isn't unbearable, but annoyingly it has triggered my health anxiety(!) I am not even daring to Google incase I read anything that makes me feel worse!

Has anyone had pain like this and do you find that sometimes aches and pains can set you off worrying?!

The pain feels like it is coming from the actual kneecap. I am just so worried about having to have any scans or anything as I hate tests and I am so scared of the c-word.

I am being silly arent I?:doh:

wilky44
31-12-17, 14:49
Yes you are. My knees have cracked, crunched, been unstable, painful, swollen ( not all at the same time I might add) for over 20 years. I've had numerous scans, operations, physiotherapy, acupuncture, joint manipulation you name it, I've had it. All completely benign and treatable issues.

I've never heard of knee cancer, which, even if real, you don't have. You've probably just twisted or turned funny.

The cracking is nitrogen bubbles in the joints, mine go like gunshots every time I flex my knees

snowflake293
31-12-17, 14:53
Yes you are. My knees have cracked, crunched, been unstable, painful, swollen ( not all at the same time I might add) for over 20 years. I've had numerous scans, operations, physiotherapy, acupuncture, joint manipulation you name it, I've had it. All completely benign and treatable issues.

I've never heard of knee cancer, which, even if real, you don't have. You've probably just twisted or turned funny.

The cracking is nitrogen bubbles in the joints, mine go like gunshots every time I flex my knees

I needed to hear this, so thank you :)

Sorry to hear your knees have been bad but I am glad all those issues were treatable!

wilky44
31-12-17, 14:59
I can live with my dodgy knees, it's partially my fault for years of abusing them!

Best advice I can give is just take it easy, rest up if needed. Hot bath and raise your leg when sitting, maybe on a pouffe. Take nsaids, and give it time. They can take a while to settle down. If it doesn't, go to a good physio if you can rather than a doctor. They will know exactly how to diagnose your issues

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

Do you do any exercise that could have triggered it off?