PDA

View Full Version : Horrible gas pains

fbmb
31-12-17, 16:27
Last night I was watching tv with my kids and I suddenly felt really horrible gas pains that radiated into my rectum. I felt dizzy too. I tried everything I could do to pass gas, go to the bathroom - nothing. It really hurt and scared me. I started thinking maybe I have an ovarian cyst rupture. So I went to the ER a few hours later. The doctor discharged me with colic type pains and said it's just part of my IBS. Earlier in the day I had eaten almost a whole medium sized bag of dill pickle potato chips and then I ate dairy for dinner. I usually eat really healthy so I'm wondering if the chips caused it. I think it was just trapped gas. Today my lower belly is sore, but maybe more from straining than anything.

Have any of you experienced this? It was horrible. And it scared me.

Annaboodle
31-12-17, 17:00
Hi. Yes that's typical of IBS from my experience. The pain can be really bad. The other week my sister brought round these vegan cakes and they made me so ill. Realised I've had that before with things with coconut oil in them. But yes, for me I think IBS can be worse if you are having a healthy diet and then suddenly your body is reintroduced to one of your trigger foods - like maybe dairy in your case? Or could be acidic vinegar from the chips. If I get an attack of IBS and have eaten anything unusual or suspect that day I assume it's that causing it.

fbmb
31-12-17, 17:05
Hi. Yes that's typical of IBS from my experience. The pain can be really bad. The other week my sister brought round these vegan cakes and they made me so ill. Realised I've had that before with things with coconut oil in them. But yes, for me I think IBS can be worse if you are having a healthy diet and then suddenly your body is reintroduced to one of your trigger foods - like maybe dairy in your case? Or could be acidic vinegar from the chips. If I get an attack of IBS and have eaten anything unusual or suspect that day I assume it's that causing it.

My tummy still feels sore today. Maybe from straining so much. Is that normal?

Annaboodle
31-12-17, 17:10
Yes, for me it is. I find it's never good when I force myself to go and causes a sort of tender/dragging pain. Also the day after a bad IBS flare up my tummy is sore and tender anyway.