PDA

View Full Version : Im overthinking everything including existence

jeffjones
31-12-17, 19:06
Hey guys Im 19 years and I have a boatload of problems right now I'm overthinking everything. I literally have thought my self out of a happy life. Currently Ive been overthinking existence and its really messing with me. It all started when I thought about the idea we are on a planet in the middle of an infinite universe. Then I started thinking how we are basically aliens on a planet. Then I started thinking how crazy it is i exist in a world that hasn't even proved existence and how crazy that is. Then I started thinking that everything looks kind of virtual and that life is meaningless. Then I read a forum about a matrix and thought what if life was a big illusion all these thoughts have been plaguing me for 2 months and now Im afraid I'm driving myself crazy. I feel like i have very little emotion or drive to do anything and my perception of the world is completely messed up, I'm scared because I'm overthinking everything I feel like a different person. My family thinks Im doing this for attention but that not the case I had a panic attack two months ago while working out and constant overthinking since has gotten me feeling hopeless I feel like I need to be hypnotized to get all this crap out of my head its so sad because I was so driven and ambitious and now I feel like I'm becoming a crazy person. Its very overwhelming and I'm just tired of it its like I don't even care any more.
Im actually really athletic and artistic too but all this thinking has made feel like a stranger to myself

jeffjones
31-12-17, 19:17
Hey guys Im 19 years and I have a boatload of problems right now I'm overthinking everything. I literally have thought my self out of a happy life. Currently Ive been overthinking existence and its really messing with me. It all started when I thought about the idea we are on a planet in the middle of an infinite universe. Then I started thinking how we are basically aliens on a planet. Then I started thinking how crazy it is i exist in a world that hasn't even proved existence and how crazy that is. Then I started thinking that everything looks kind of virtual and that life is meaningless. Then I read a forum about a matrix and thought what if life was a big illusion all these thoughts have been plaguing me for 2 months and now Im afraid I'm driving myself crazy. I feel like i have very little emotion or drive to do anything and my perception of the world is completely messed up, I'm scared because I'm overthinking everything I feel like a different person. My family thinks Im doing this for attention but that not the case I had a panic attack two months ago while working out and constant overthinking since has gotten me feeling hopeless I feel like I need to be hypnotized to get all this crap out of my head its so sad because I was so driven and ambitious and now I feel like I'm becoming a crazy person. Its very overwhelming and I'm just tired of it its like I don't even care any more.
Im actually really athletic and artistic too but all this thinking has made feel like a stranger to myself. I literally feel like i just got dropped off on this planet because everything i used to understand feels foreign to me i see things differently in a bad way its making me feel very weird

jeffjones
31-12-17, 19:56
Im actually really athletic and artistic too but all this thinking has made feel like a stranger to myself. I literally feel like i just got dropped off on this planet because everything i used to understand feels foreign to me i see things differently in a bad way its making me feel very weird. I want to find myself back but its a struggle because these thoughts just pop up and sometimes i question what if its very taxing please help its like all of a sudden i think I'm a philosopher or cosmologist but it literally eating at me because i feel like I'm alone

jeffjones
31-12-17, 20:24
Hey guys Im 19 years old and ever since my panic attack 2 months ago Ive been overthinking everything. I have had intrusive thoughts about the craziest stuff for the past couple months. It all started when I though how crazy it was that we are in a planet in an infinite universe. Then I started to feel life was meaningless then I read a forum and someone mentioned something about a matrix and then I thought that It was crazy how I live in a world where they haven't even proved existence all of this stuff has been plaguing me non stop. Its like its all in in my subconscious mind and it all just constantly bothers me its changed my perception on life and negative way and I can't believe I've gotten to this point. Then I started thinking how crazy it is that I exist and all of this stuff has literally been driving me nuts. Ive been questioning everything. Ive always been very athletic and artistic but these thoughts have gotten to the point where I don't even care anymore its hard to believe I've gotten to this point. I feel a stranger to myself and everything around me can someone please help i feel alone and hopeless. Its breaking me down

jeffjones
31-12-17, 21:19
Im actually really athletic and artistic too but all this thinking has made feel like a stranger to myself. I literally feel like i just got dropped off on this planet because everything i used to understand feels foreign to me i see things differently in a bad way its making me feel very weird. I want to find myself back but its a struggle because these thoughts just pop up and sometimes i question what if its very taxing please help its like all of a sudden i think I'm a philosopher or cosmologist but it literally eating at me because i feel like I'm alone
Ive been overthinking everything and I've been ruminating about all this stuff non stop. Have u guys ever pondered all this stuff its making feel like I'm going crazy but its just seems all too overwhelming. Its liked i opened a whole can of worms i wasn't ready for emotionally normally i could deflect stuff like this and not think twice about it but its become an obsession and its making me feel like I'm crazy because my perception of everything seems surreal and I've been thinking about literally everything. please help

MyNameIsTerry
01-01-18, 04:59
I think you need to look at the OCD board as there are plenty of threads about this and a few current members discussing it. Also, those on the DP/DR board often find themselves suffering these types of issues.

There is plenty of good advice about it from those who have been through it.

jeffjones
01-01-18, 18:03
Ive been overthinking everything and I've been ruminating about all this stuff non stop. Have u guys ever pondered all this stuff its making feel like I'm going crazy but its just seems all too overwhelming. Its liked i opened a whole can of worms i wasn't ready for emotionally normally i could deflect stuff like this and not think twice about it but its become an obsession and its making me feel like I'm crazy because my perception of everything seems surreal and I've been thinking about literally everything. please help

nomorepanic
01-01-18, 18:19
Sounds a bit like DP/DR

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Depersonalization_Derealization_Feeling_o f_unreality

nomorepanic
01-01-18, 18:33
I have merged all your posts as they are about the same thing.

I will also move this to the DP/DR forum

jeffjones
01-01-18, 23:29
Thanks you that means a lot. I was so worried and engaged in these thoughts, it was getting to the point where I forgot to how to live. Thank you for your reply that was very comforting. Its just been overwhelming. I went my whole life without thinking twice about all this stuff and then all of sudden I was like wait a minute what is this whole thing. I started pondering everything and i couldn't help it because its like everything is a mystery. Its all scary to think about tbh. Im religious but for some reason its hard to shift my focus off these thoughts.

jeffjones
02-01-18, 16:40
Hey guys Im 19 years and I have a boatload of problems right now I'm overthinking everything. I literally have thought my self out of a happy life. Currently Ive been overthinking existence and its really messing with me. It all started when I thought about the idea we are on a planet in the middle of an infinite universe. Then I started thinking how we are basically aliens on a planet. Then I started thinking how crazy it is i exist in a world that hasn't even proved existence and how crazy that is. Then I started thinking about evolution and how we are advanced apes, then I asked myself what if I'm the only real person. Mind you I've never done any drugs or anything. Ive just been thinking non stop lately and it scaring me. My perception of everything has changed in negative way and its depressed me. It all seems surreal to me. Has anyone else pondered these questions? If so how did you stop ruminating about them. I can't stop it sucks I wish I could just put my head in the sand but at this point it its tough. Ive thought about the infinite possibilities of why we are here from illusion to matrix almost every idea or philosophy. I know that sounds crazy but all this stuff is making me feel like Im crazy. Its just that I feel like I'm alone and no one else seems to even care. I don't have dp if anything I might have OCD but I've never had those tendencies until I had my panic attack 2 months ago since then Ive just been overthinking everything to a unhealthy degree. What can I do to stop these thoughts and get my life back it would mean a lot if you guys reply I will appreciate every answer. Please help its been very hard on me for some reason. I went my whole life up to this point and i never thought twice about any of it and then boom all these questions hit me at once. Ive always lead a healthy lifestyle and I'm artistic I think my high IQ has something to do with all this thinking but I don't want to think about this stuff. I just want to live life like before.

Elen
02-01-18, 17:02
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

jeffjones
02-01-18, 18:45
Hey guys Im 19 years and I have a boatload of problems right now I'm overthinking everything. I literally have thought my self out of a happy life. Currently Ive been overthinking existence and its really messing with me. It all started when I thought about the idea we are on a planet in the middle of an infinite universe. Then I started thinking how we are basically aliens on a planet. Then I started thinking how crazy it is i exist in a world that hasn't even proved existence and how crazy that is. Then I started thinking about evolution and how we are advanced apes, then I asked myself what if I'm the only real person. Mind you I've never done any drugs or anything. Ive just been thinking non stop lately and it scaring me. My perception of everything has changed in negative way and its depressed me. It all seems surreal to me. Has anyone else pondered these questions? If so how did you stop ruminating about them. I can't stop it sucks I wish I could just put my head in the sand but at this point it its tough. Ive thought about the infinite possibilities of why we are here from illusion to matrix almost every idea or philosophy. I know that sounds crazy but all this stuff is making me feel like Im crazy. Its just that I feel like I'm alone and no one else seems to even care. I don't have dp if anything I might have OCD but I've never had those tendencies until I had my panic attack 2 months ago since then Ive just been overthinking everything to a unhealthy degree. What can I do to stop these thoughts and get my life back it would mean a lot if you guys reply I will appreciate every answer. Please help its been very hard on me for some reason. I went my whole life up to this point and i never thought twice about any of it and then boom all these questions hit me at once. Ive always lead a healthy lifestyle and I'm artistic I think my high IQ has something to do with all this thinking but I don't want to think about this stuff. I just want to live life like before. Its all very taxing and I just want some help to find myself again. Its like I dont know what all this is. I feel like I sound crazy or this is some joke but I've been pondering all this stuff nonstop

jeffjones
02-01-18, 22:03
Hey guys Im 19 years old and i have always been fine my whole life and never experienced ocd tendencies,Ive never done drugs and i don't drink anyways about two months ago i had a severe panic attack and ever since then I've been questioning everything. It started out with the idea that we r on planet in the middle of an infinite universe than i started asking questions about what this is it became overwhelming. I started considering the craziest ideas like what is this whole thing is this an illusion, is this real do others exist, is this a matrix all of tis crazy stuff and it scared me. I never thought twice about any of this stuff and then all of a sudden it became an obsession. I started to question everything. Its all very taxing I fee very hopeless because everything is such a mystery and i wasn't even aware of it do u guys have any advice in dealing with this. I know it sounds crazy and maybe i am idk. But it sucks I've always been very determined and ambitious and now Im shocked about this whole thing and it feels like i just now really realized all of this stuff. Have guys gone through this and how do i get rid of all these thoughts.
Im pretty sure this isn't dp because i feel the same as i did before just now my perception on everything is negative now for some reason. These thoughts have been plaguing me for a month now and I could really use any advice to get out of this

MyNameIsTerry
02-01-18, 23:19
Have you had a read of the OCD threads about Solopsism and Existentialism? I think they will help you.

nomorepanic
02-01-18, 23:47
Jeff - I sent you a PM about multiple posts.

Merged again to here

MyNameIsTerry
03-01-18, 00:03
Nic,

It might have been because of what I said earlier as this one is an OCD theme too. Apologies.

jeffjones
06-01-18, 00:30
Hey guys Im 19 years and I have a boatload of problems right now I'm overthinking everything. I literally have thought my self out of a happy life. Currently Ive been overthinking existence and its really messing with me. It all started when I thought about the idea we are on a planet in the middle of an infinite universe. Then I started thinking how we are basically aliens on a planet. Then I started thinking how crazy it is i exist in a world that hasn't even proved existence and how crazy that is. Then I started thinking about evolution and how we are advanced apes, then I asked myself what if I'm the only real person. Mind you I've never done any drugs or anything. Ive just been thinking non stop lately and it scaring me. My perception of everything has changed in negative way and its depressed me. It all seems surreal to me. Has anyone else pondered these questions? If so how did you stop ruminating about them. I can't stop it sucks I wish I could just put my head in the sand but at this point it its tough. Ive thought about the infinite possibilities of why we are here from illusion to matrix almost every idea or philosophy. I know that sounds crazy but all this stuff is making me feel like Im crazy. Its just that I feel like I'm alone and no one else seems to even care. I don't have dp if anything I might have OCD but I've never had those tendencies until I had my panic attack 2 months ago since then Ive just been overthinking everything to a unhealthy degree. What can I do to stop these thoughts and get my life back it would mean a lot if you guys reply I will appreciate every answer. Please help its been very hard on me for some reason. I went my whole life up to this point and i never thought twice about any of it and then boom all these questions hit me at once. Ive always lead a healthy lifestyle and I'm artistic I think my high IQ has something to do with all this thinking but I don't want to think about this stuff. I just want to live life like before. I feel weird about all these thoughts and I literally think about them non stop, what can i do to forget about this bs its sucks. Please reply all responses are much appreciated