PDA

View Full Version : Thank You To Chat Members

Elen
01-01-18, 11:03
Those who know me know that I always struggle badly at this time of year.

This year has been much worse due to physical problems which have resulted in me spending the holidays in excruciating pain and unable to move.

As I live alone and have to care for 3 dogs, things have been challenging in more ways than one.

Due to being unable to move I have spent a lot of time this week in chat and it has been a life saver.

We have had tears and tantrums but most of all we have had a good laugh and have supported each other.

This in my mind is what NMP is all about. Give and take and everyone trying their best. Some may say it is not real life, I would argue that over the years I have made friends in chat that are closer to me than I could hope to have with many people in real life.

Its unfortunate that geographically we are far apart but being able to meet up in chat is a total privilege.

So to everyone who has supported me, laughed with me, cried with me or even exasperated me at times I say thank you. :bighug1:

For those of you who have never been in chat, give it a go, we are a friendly bunch, but be warned for a group of anxiety and depression sufferers we do like a laugh :welcome:

Bee
01-01-18, 11:14
Cagney from Lacey

Its been a pleasure to support you for a change :)

I agree the chatroom has brought so many people together from far and wide over the Christmas period such a great bunch of people.

Hopefully another fantastic year in the chatroom and lots of new faces.

pulisa
01-01-18, 13:21
I confess that I have no idea what the chat room is all about but it sounds like a great place to be for support and friendship.

I am so sorry to hear that you are in such pain, Elen. Quite how you keep your cool on here amazes me-you must have to deal with such a lot both physically and mentally. It doesn't matter what resources you use to keep going and having the chat room to go to sounds very therapeutic.

I hope you find some way of relieving your pain because it must be hell:hugs:

MyNameIsTerry
05-01-18, 02:22
Sorry to hear you have been struggling with your health, Elen. I hope you are able to access some support to help out until you are feeling better. :hugs::flowers:

MyNameIsTerry
09-01-18, 17:00
This needs bumping.

Elen gives lots of her time here as an Admin so let's give back. Let's not add to their load too.

venusbluejeans
09-01-18, 17:47
heya Witchy number 1

Totally forgot to reply to this, been a bit wrapped up in my own problems :/

Just to let you know you are an amazing woman and dog Mummy, especially due to one dog, will leave you to you to decide which I mean :)

yourself, Bow and Moonspirit are phenomenal friends who have been completely amazing to me when I don't really deserve it and taking over the chat room with my moaning!

Thank you to you Witchy xxxx

mezzaninedoor
10-01-18, 10:19
Sorry to hear you have been struggling with your health and glad that the chat room helped.

I did experiment with the chat room about a year or so ago but I was put off by the fact that there were always people I didnt know and no folks that I had met before, glad it helps people who are more persistant with it though than I was.

venusbluejeans
10-01-18, 11:19
you should try again mezzanine :)

we are all friendly in there and you don't know us when you go in but would do by the time you left :)

Elen
10-01-18, 16:13
Thank you everyone.

Over Christmas the problems were my own health, which while still not great, nor will it be as I have progressive illness, I am much much better than I was.

Now I have a dog who has a very suspect lump who is going in to have it removed and biopsy sent of for testing. The vet is not terribly hopeful but he is part of my family so will get the chance.

Yet still there are people who think that it is acceptable to take pot shots at me on the forum.

I respectfully ask that this stops, because at the moment I am trying very hard not to snap back.

mezzaninedoor
10-01-18, 20:02
you should try again mezzanine :)

we are all friendly in there and you don't know us when you go in but would do by the time you left :)

I will take on that offer again some time, ta venusbluejeans

Elen
11-01-18, 14:38
Got called and asked to pick Chance up at 11 am today, normally they don't allow patients to leave until around 4pm.

The tumour has been removed but looks malignant. Need to wait a week for the histology to come back.

I don't even know how I a feeling right now

KK77
11-01-18, 15:31
Sorry to hear about your dog. I hope worst suspicions are not confirmed and Chance makes full recovery. I'm sure you'll do your very best.

MyNameIsTerry
11-01-18, 16:29
I'm really sorry to hear this, Elen :hugs::flowers:

Let's all hope that they can do something to remove it and get Chance back to healthy again. Hopefully they should have a good idea what can be done from any scans and now this biopsy.

I hope he's not in pain or struggling with other things. Is he still eating & pooing?

Give him a big cuddle, that's what he needs most and you too.

Elen
11-01-18, 16:38
Thanks

For the first time in his life he is not eating, had to hand feed him chicken to get food into him.

On the plus side is is now sleeping peacefully at my feet.

Think that is is going to be a long night till he is out of the side effects of the anaesthetic.

I dont have human family so my guys are my life

MyNameIsTerry
11-01-18, 16:51
Eating at all is still something. Sometimes they need something less taxing like that and it keeps their strength up.

He probably is feeling a bit sorry for himself from the drugs so lots of love will get him through. They just don't know what's going on and some reassurance really helps or so we've always found when our dog has needed ops or other treatments.

Are your other dogs fussing over him?

Elen
11-01-18, 16:58
Sadly he is known as schzio dog, He wants contact on his terms and not at any other time. If I tried to lie down to cuddle him, he would probably end up biting.

He has had a horrible day and surprised me by being so stressed out at the vets, hence them calling me to pick him up 5 hours early.

Other dogs dont like him as he is such an unpredictable character.

Poor guy he is an idiot but I still love him.

MyNameIsTerry
11-01-18, 17:09
He's letting you feed him though and given he sounds quite stubborn he would let you know if he didn't want you there. So, perhaps he will want some fuss later. Perhaps just being in the room is enough for him? Not ideal but the thought is there and he recognises something from it?

Will your other dogs be fussing over you then? Perhaps a cuddle of them will help get you through?

Elen
11-01-18, 17:13
lol he is happy sharing a room with us and is quite settled, so in his own wee warped way he is happy.

The other two are draped over me so we are all good.

thanks

not everyone understands that they are not "just a dog"

MyNameIsTerry
11-01-18, 17:23
They very quickly become members of the family. Their innocent natures and unconditional love makes them like kids. They trust you with everything but they give back a lot.

I think being an animal lover is great. I went probably thirty years between dogs but had fish & birds. But the closeness of a dog does changes you even more I found.

I'd rather be soppy over pets than lacking empathy for animals.

pulisa
11-01-18, 18:22
It will probably be a long night, Elen, and horribly worrying for you but fingers crossed that the anaesthetic soon wears off and Chance is more responsive and keen to eat in the morning. I hate pets having ops-you just want them to be back to normal as quickly as possible and watching them being under the weather is very distressing.

The tumour has been removed-these histology reports can be a bit hit or miss sometimes with the prognosis. I sincerely hope that the results are better than you fear.:hugs:

Fishmanpa
11-01-18, 19:00
Positive thoughts for the pooch and you... Those of us who have fur babies know how it is.

Positive thoughts

pulisa
12-01-18, 08:35
I hope the night wasn't too bad and that Chance is recovering from the anaesthesia. How are you though, Elen?

Elen
12-01-18, 09:27
He is a lot better this morning, but in quite a bit of pain.

Was up at 6am cooking him chicken, pasta and scrambled egg to encourage him to eat so that I could give him some pain meds.

Have cooked more and better stuff for him in the past two days than I have myself for weeks lol.

I don't think that I am quite here Pulisa, finding it very hard to concentrate on anything.

Will be glad when work is over today so that I can stop trying to keep my brain in gear.

Thanks to everyone for your support.

pulisa
12-01-18, 13:57
I'm not surprised you are feeling all over the place-it must be very stressful.
I hope Chance continues to pick up on his pain meds but you must take care of yourself too:hugs:

MyNameIsTerry
12-01-18, 14:28
The pain meds will help him once they kick in. Post op our dog was always unhappy until they did and then he was a space cadet for a while. I think its very confusing for them.

It sounds like Chance is one very well looked after dog!

Have you both managed to get some sleep or has it been an up & down night?

Dying_Swan
13-01-18, 14:15
Just wanted to send you some poorly pet hugs Elen :hugs:

It is so difficult going through these things and waiting for results when you're feeling so anxious. I do hope you'll get good news. They are absolutely members of the family.

Lots of love to you and to Chance xx

Elen
13-01-18, 14:27
Once again thank you everyone, I really do appreciate it.

Had a check up for his wound today and they had to get a vet in.

The look on her face scared me to bits.

I am getting the impression that they are not expecting good news from the lab, and tb neither am I.

There are a lot of little things that all add up to bad news.

But then I spend so long on here watching people make something that is obviously nothing that I have to second doubt myself.

On a positive note he is happy in himself and that is all I can hope for

MyNameIsTerry
13-01-18, 14:43
Yes, I think you do have to be careful mind reading but would anyone think any different, anxiety or not? It's a natural reaction.

What we've always found with our vets is that they are upfront about stuff. They tell us what things could be but then say what they think is most likely. Like when our dog was a pup they found a lump on his belly which luckily turned out to be a cyst he was born with so they removed it. And more recently issues with his red eyes which they agree may not need treatment as they can't find anything else of worry despite the earlier checks for cataracts.

A happy dog is always a good sign to me.

So, I'm hopeful for both of you. :hugs:

pulisa
13-01-18, 18:18
I don't think vets have much idea at all about these things,Elen. The path labs diagnose for the vets and provide the diagnosis and prognosis.The vets just do the intricate excision.

I know you are preparing for the worst but I also think that what you are dealing with on NMP isn't helping at a time of great personal stress for you. The worst thing is the waiting for the biopsy result and all you can do is what you are already doing-being a loving owner and helping Chance to recover from his op with TLC in spades..I really hope you know the results as soon as possible. Nothing worse than not knowing and speculating:hugs:

MyNameIsTerry
17-01-18, 13:58
How are you both doing? Is Chance still sulking due to the embarrassment of a lampshade like they all seem to?

pulisa
19-01-18, 13:25
Any test results yet, Elen?

Elen
19-01-18, 15:55
lol Terry no lampshade for the boy, he was a danger to everyone with it so we settled for a t shirt instead.

It has done a great job and also keeps the wound clean.

His last wound check went well and stitches come out on Monday.

In himself he is fine, just fed up that he isnt allowed in his car for fear of bursting the stitches.

No results as yet Pulisa, next week hopefully and to be honest I am not even thinking about them as yet.

He is happy and back to normal, that is all that matters, I will deal with the rest when it comes.

NMP is fine, I get a lot more out of it than I put in, so we are all good.

Thanks for enquiring, they really are my life so it is nice when people care.

pulisa
19-01-18, 17:54
I'm glad he is happy and back to normal-that's the only thing that matters and as you say, you'll deal with the results as and when and you can just be relieved that Chance has recovered so well after his op. He's obviously a very strong lad-my late cat Lucy was a dreadful wimp and took 48 hours to recover from a 10 minute dental once! My vet was very kind and used to book her in for procedures when it was very quiet but she was always very highly strung and was one of the first cats to be put on zylkene ( feline valium!) Didn't do much but I considered taking it myself!!:D

Elen
23-01-18, 11:16
OMG just had the vet on the phone.

The lab results are back and it is a Low Grade Tumour with very limited chance of it having spread.

Due to the size and location of the lump they couldn't leave as big a margin as they would have liked so it is just a case of keeping an eye on it.

Sooooooooo happy

pulisa
23-01-18, 13:47
Oh I'm so pleased to hear this, Elen!!! It's the best possible news and just goes to show that vets don't really know what the results are going to be.

So your boy is going to be around for a good while yet to keep you busy!! You must be absolutely over the moon and I'm so relieved for you:hugs:

adeyt
23-01-18, 15:05
Hi Elen. I havent commented before, but ive been tracking progress. So very pleased for you. I have 6 dogs, and love them all equally, so i know just how stressfull the wait must have been. much love Ade

Dying_Swan
24-01-18, 23:28
So pleased to read that you've had good news and are feeling relieved. These pets sure do cause us some worry but we'd never be without them :)

MyNameIsTerry
25-01-18, 06:43
Woo hoo!!! :yesyes::yahoo:

That's fantastic news! Big hug for Chance...if he'll let you! :woof

pulisa
25-01-18, 08:19
Happy Birthday to your faithful hound, Terry!

Celebrations all round in the NMP canine world!

MyNameIsTerry
25-01-18, 08:29
Thanks pulisa! :flowers: He's going to be busy with new squeaky plush toys today! :yesyes:

pulisa
25-01-18, 13:20
My gerbil Primrose has just turned 3! Always good to have a pet's birthday to celebrate but I do find it hard to buy a suitable card!!:D
I hope you all have fun with the new toy!

Elen
25-01-18, 13:51
Happy birthday Primrose. Sure she would rather have a carboard loo roll than a card

Bigboyuk
25-01-18, 14:40
This is good news Elen so it's a huge weight lifted off your mind knowing he is ok and will be around for some time to come :) ATB

MyNameIsTerry
25-01-18, 16:59
My gerbil Primrose has just turned 3! Always good to have a pet's birthday to celebrate but I do find it hard to buy a suitable card!!:D
I hope you all have fun with the new toy!

Happy birthday to Primrose :flowers: she'll probably enjoy nibbling on the card :biggrin:

My pooch is thoroughly worn out and asleep in bed. I know how he feels :biggrin:

Elen
25-01-18, 17:24
This is good news Elen so it's a huge weight lifted off your mind knowing he is ok and will be around for some time to come :) ATB

This is my thread so I will answer, it is a mixed blessing Dave, I have to be here to take care of my dogs. Once they are gone it will be much easier, but that doesn't stop me from doing the best that I can for them.

pulisa
25-01-18, 19:32
I know what you mean, Elen. It is a big responsibility which you take on board despite your very challenging medical condition.

Bigboyuk
25-01-18, 20:10
Yes but we love them and they are worth it :) ATB

Elen
26-01-18, 19:03
I know what you mean, Elen. It is a big responsibility which you take on board despite your very challenging medical condition.

I will not have any more as I simply cannot cope, I got the youngest of my dogs over 10 years, way before I was diagnosed.

I feel obliged to keep going while they are here and at the same time feel guilty because I cannot offer them all that they should have.

They are very forgiving and let me away with a lot of stuff that I cannot do, but it is not ideal on any front.

pulisa
26-01-18, 20:14
I bet you're a wonderful, caring owner, a darn sight better than the majority. I can understand what pressure you are under though and how demanding owning and being responsible for your dogs must be, especially with such a challenging diagnosis.