PDA

View Full Version : How long did your worst virus illness last?

JonS86
01-01-18, 13:43
Currently hit day 21 (3 weeks) of a horrible virus, nausea, dizzy, sick, fever the lot.

How long did your worst virus last? I want to know I’m not alone in having something that takes so long to get over

Malibustace
01-01-18, 13:55
Day 27 for me! Cold, cough, start to feel better and then back to square one, coughing n spluttering again! I’m getting really fed up now :(

cattia
01-01-18, 13:58
I'm still suffering so I can't answer, been two weeks so far and I'm already in a state about post viral fatigue syndrome which has been one of my long term worries whenever I get sick. Would be interested to hear the experience of others.

JonS86
01-01-18, 14:02
I'm still suffering so I can't answer, been two weeks so far and I'm already in a state about post viral fatigue syndrome which has been one of my long term worries whenever I get sick. Would be interested to hear the experience of others.

Ha ditto, good ol anxiety. I’m shattered this week and my literal mind says my body has been fighting for its life against a virus no wonder I’m tired, then my anxious mind worries about being shattered for months and years haha

ankietyjoe
01-01-18, 16:41
I don't feel 'ill' any more, but this years virus was the worst ever. I had it badly for about two months, although I thought I was getting better only for it to come back again twice. This is now month three and I still have the cough (only about 20% as bad as it was at it's worst) and I still feel knackered all the time.

It can take 6-12 months to get over a bad virus, so I'll just keep taking my supplements and eating well. That's all you can do.

Simone01
11-02-18, 13:49
I had a sore throat at the end of November 2017 and on 15th December started with the flu and haven't shifted it since. I’ve now got dizziness, head pressure, sinus post nasal drip and chills and nausea to list a few symptoms and chronic fatigue. Been doctors number of times and had full bloods done nothing found. Just fed up!

scaredpt
11-02-18, 16:04
do you guys have fevers? I got over the flu but have had a low grade fever and fatigue since then

au Lait
11-02-18, 22:08
The last virus I had lasted over a month. I had a fever that lasted 8 days. Doc put me on antibiotics and the fever went away but I felt totally drained and had a cough that lasted for what felt like an eternity.

cattia
11-02-18, 22:15
I had flu over Christmas and I had a temperature for about 6 days and extreme fatigue for around two weeks. For a further four weeks I had muscular pain and fatigue that wouldn't shift. Gradually after around six weeks I suddenly started to notice that my energy was coming back. I took cod liver oil for the leg pain and that really made a difference. The cough also lasted five or six weeks.

ShaunRyder
15-02-18, 00:54
Haven't voted yet but I am currently going into week 3 of the virus! Body aches, headaches, and hacking cough! New record so far!

swajj
15-02-18, 07:30
3 weeks would be the longest for me. That’s in one stretch. I’ve got over viruses and caught a second bout a week later.