PDA

View Full Version : New to diazepam

Yas
01-01-18, 17:58
Hi there!

I've been suffering from very bad anxiety for about 9 months, I struggle mainly with the tube, general places and situations I'd find it difficult to get out of. I go into panic attacks on the tube most times and in general situations I get extremely anxious. I've tried most normal coping methods like mindfulness etc but it doesn't really work for me.

I'm looking into starting CBT but in the meantime my doctor has (very residentially) given me 2mg of diazepam (Valium). I took my first one today and all I felt was a bit drowsy for a couple of hours and that's it.

I have a very important work event coming up (in which I will have to get the tube and be in an event I can't get out of easily) should I take two (4mg) or will that still not have any effect? I just need it to give me a calming effect! Please help!

BenzoAd
21-01-18, 20:48
I take 5mg daily, when I need to take it to calm down I take 10mg, but I get sleepy too

WiseMonkey
21-01-18, 21:46
Hi,

Make sure you only use this occasionally as it is habit forming. For anything long term there are meds that are non-addictive which you can take daily :)

Take care :)