PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE can someone reply to me...excessive thirst

Tiff111
01-01-18, 20:34
For the past 3 weeks My partner has been so thirsty, drinking water constantly. Saw GP who did blood tests (FBC,Kidney,renal,glucose) which were all normal, so it’s not diabetes. Any one have any ideas? Please??

Picked up copy of blood test results, high levels of creatinine 144 should be (39-99) and urea slightly high,Doctor still not convened and doesn’t want to repeat blood tests

nomorepanic
01-01-18, 20:37
What did the doctor say to them about it?

RadioGaGa
01-01-18, 20:39
I was going to say diabetes, but see you've had that ruled out.

Is his diet high in salt? Salt makes your body retain water, thus making your thirst increase

Tiff111
01-01-18, 20:43
doctor didn’t say much, just sent for blood tests, that was it?

---------- Post added at 20:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

No my partner is very fit and active, eats very healthily

nomorepanic
01-01-18, 21:02
So they need to go back to the doctor and ask what else can cause it really.

Catherine S
01-01-18, 21:08
We could offer opinions but we'd only be guessing really, it's probably best for her to have another chat to her doctor as has been suggested.

Cath S

Tiff111
02-01-18, 18:45
Thank you...my partner won’t go and says she feels fine...so I’m not sure

lior
02-01-18, 18:59
It's not necessarily a bad thing. Drinking a lot of water can be good for you. Three weeks is actually not that long. It could be something to do with a change in diet.

If she feels ok, let her trust her own body :)

abh27
02-01-18, 20:38
Could she be pregnant? In my early stages of pregnancy, I was so thirsty I could not drink enough water to quench my thirst.

Speranza
02-01-18, 20:48
Sleeping with her mouth open? I think if the doctor was concerned she would have been called back for more tests.

Tiff111
02-01-18, 21:29
Nooo defiantly not pregnant, she had a little stomach bug when this thirst started and then developed a head cold soon after, the cold has just about gone now but she still has the thirst

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

Nooo def not pregnant... about 4 weeks ago she has a little stomach bug (thirst started the same time) for a couple of days but this was mostly nausea after this she developed a head cold and the thirst has just stayed even though the cold has gone

Speranza
02-01-18, 21:34
Mouth breathing at night possibly...

Tiff111
02-01-18, 21:54
Thanks...I have an awful fear of cancer...can’t cope with symptoms

abh27
03-01-18, 02:38
it sounds like she has been sick a lot. The body is working overtime to fight off bugs and needs water. I wouldn't be concerned.

Deltazv1
03-01-18, 11:27
Is it a feeling of thirst or dry mouth? Check calcium levels, If diabetes has been ruled out, Hypercalcemia also causes thirst, urination, belly pain, nausea, bone pain, muscle weakness, confusion, and fatigue.

Tiff111
03-01-18, 12:10
Thanks...would calcium levels not have been checked in the other blood tests for renal,kidney,glucose,thyroid and FBC?

Catherine S
03-01-18, 18:53
We're really not in a position to diagnose anything, and as has been suggested it's best for your partner to call her surgery and ask somebody there what it could be, or even ask your local pharmacist...they're really knowledgeable and very helpful. People here are only guessing. Wouldn't she rather know for sure?

Cath S ☺

Tiff111
03-01-18, 19:22
I’m not asking anyone if they can guess what it is I’m asking if anyone has had anything similar. But thank you!

anxious andi
06-01-18, 00:08
Winter, dry air, illness, anxiety....I have a dry mouth often. And other times, I am not thirsty even though I know my water intake has been low. Last night, no matter how much water I drank, I couldn't get the thirst to go away. Is she worried over it? Because if she is, it's likely contributing to the actual thirst.....

Tiff111
06-01-18, 13:42
HI no she’s not worried at all, I picked up a copy of her blood test results, both creatinine and urea (out put of kidneys) are high, doctors said nothing to be worried about...even though it can signal kidney disease...so I don’t know what to do