PDA

View Full Version : Piles or something worse.

NewYorkgirl
01-01-18, 21:51
Apologies first for the nature of this post. On Boxing Day night I noticed a pile when I went to the loo. By the next day it was much bigger and absolute agony. Applied numerous creams and it didn't seem to change. So I consulted Dr Google and it pointed me in the direction of a thrombosed hemarroid....or colon/bowel cancer. Today I went to to the loo, wiped and there was a lot of blood. I think it has burst but the more I delve into Google the more scared I am getting. Is it just a pile?.if it is when will it stop bleeding?.what if it's cancer. My mother had bowel cancer so there's a history. My mind is feeling as I've never had a pile like this so have nothing to compare it too. Again I'm sorry for the graphic details

Liziik
01-01-18, 21:57
Hi! I had my first pile recently too! It's still kind of there but not so painful! It wasn't the nicest of experiences and there was blood. I went to the doctor not because I thought it was something awful! But I had never had one before so I wanted to know how best to treat it I had no one to talk to or ask so thought the nurse should have a look. It was a thrombosed pile and she wasn't worried recommended anusol to help the pain. I'm sure it isn't anything scary but there's no harm in going to the doctor if it's causing you pain!

Potter86
01-01-18, 21:58
Apologies first for the nature of this post. On Boxing Day night I noticed a pile when I went to the loo. By the next day it was much bigger and absolute agony. Applied numerous creams and it didn't seem to change. So I consulted Dr Google and it pointed me in the direction of a thrombosed hemarroid....or colon/bowel cancer. Today I went to to the loo, wiped and there was a lot of blood. I think it has burst but the more I delve into Google the more scared I am getting. Is it just a pile?.if it is when will it stop bleeding?.what if it's cancer. My mother had bowel cancer so there's a history. My mind is feeling as I've never had a pile like this so have nothing to compare it too. Again I'm sorry for the graphic details

I know its easier said than done but stay off google as youll fear the worst!!!it sounds like a pile,book an appoinment with your doctor to make sure

MyNameIsTerry
02-01-18, 04:55
Piles can take time to go or they can simply be there for years. I started getting them due to straining from weightlifting in my early twenties (common, like how pregnancy & pushing through the bottom causes them) and they come & go.

I found the OTC stuff doesn't do much. In the end my GP gave me a steroidal foam which did help.

The time you've had them is nothing with piles, so don't jump to conclusions, but I would say let your GP have a look just in case you need a better treatment.

Diet, hydration, certain foods, etc all affect them. Stress is a big cause. Straining is one of the most common causes.

If they are stinging & itching, I found salt water bathing really helped. I also found they would rub & "sweat" so you get a bit of a leaking feeling in underwear especially in warmer weather, tighter clothing or sitting down a lot at work. And mucus is a common thing to see too.

NewYorkgirl
02-01-18, 14:02
Can't get into my doctor today. I'm trying to remain calm and not over analyse but I'm struggling today. I'm still bleeding but it's not profuse more a streaking of blood. Again I'm sorry for the excess info. I'm trying to reassure myself it is just a thrombosed hemarroid.