PDA

View Full Version : Big anxiety again - oh no!

spacebunnyx
26-06-07, 16:41
hey everyone!

have been doing really well and not really had any anxiety for a 18 months - but in the last couple of days i've become really bad again - i wish it would all just go away :weep:

At the weekend i watched a stupid horror film - it was really bad - the title escapes me.. anyway, after watching it i started contemplating death again and panicking about it in quite an irrational way. My boyfriend calmed me down and everything seemed ok.

Today, I woke up and decieded to go into the loft to find some things for a boot fair. whilst i was up there i saw a whole load of cement-like stuff that was breaking apart around the chimney. I'm really worried its asbestos and that i've breathed loads of it in - i've been up there a few times before and not noticed it - but its so dusty up there (its a rented house).

i shouldn't have but i did google it and now i'm so so so worried - not sure what i should do about it.:weep:

cattttt
27-06-07, 02:29
First, it's likely that the crumbly stuff was just cement. Second, if it was asbestos, a short exposure to it like that is not likely to cause you any damage. If you have breathed it in, the result will not happen for quite some time-like 20 years, so you won't die in the next few weeks. So stop worrying now and in the meantime see the landlord and get it checked out.