PDA

View Full Version : Non-painful pulse in back/top of head

braveinfiction
02-01-18, 04:43
I've struggled for months now with palps and other symptoms, but the thing that seems to be kicking my butt at the moment is these random pulses that vary in strength I feel in the back of my head and on top of my head from time to time. It's definitely my actual pulse, because I've felt it at my wrist and sometimes I can feel it more forceful and it happens in sync with it. Sometimes it doesn't feel that forceful in my wrist, but I still feel it in my head. It's more noticeable when laying down, especially with my head on my pillow; from time to time, I also notice it in my lower back and elsewhere (fingers, arms, etc.) but it's mostly isolated to my head. Is this me being overly aware of something I've always had or what? I have developed a BAD habit of checking my pulse for any "irregularity". I'm 26. Got a cardiologist appointment on the 10th. I'm a bit miffed because I read through a few threads from people on here in the past who later turned out to have something legitimately wrong with them who were experiencing similar symptoms.

Shimmy81
02-01-18, 12:38
Hi brave,

I also have this issue which has been going on since August when I got back from the USA. I guess on and off in severity. BP has been slightly high for my age too, had palpitations which have near enough gone. Told it was all down to anxiety? Have had blood tests, ecg all clear. Been to see cardiologist who wants to carry out few more tests to see why bp is elavated for someone of my age, he examined me but he did not seem concerned esp when I mentioned the pulse in the head.
I too get it worse when laying down with head on pillow. Happens in back of the head and neck, as well as near temples and around eyes.

braveinfiction
03-01-18, 10:53
Thanks.