PDA

View Full Version : What are my chances of catching the bug my whole family have had?

Wilburis
02-01-18, 11:30
Hi

Can anyone advise me on my odds of catching sickness and diahorrea (can never spell that word) that my whole family had.

AT the start of December my son had really bad tonsillitis.

2 weeks later he and my 2 daughters had a temperature and virus.

I had the flu.

Christmas Day, 2 daughters started vomitting and one had diahorrea.

28 December son and hubby had temperature and sickness.

It's now the 2 January and Im still hanging on. I have felt a bit poopy but nothing yet.

DO you think Ill avoid it? I really dont like being ill.

xx

lyndau63
02-01-18, 13:00
Oh dear, what a rotten Christmas you have had. I hate being sick too but sometimes one member of the family avoids it. It is impossible to say whether you will get it or not but I am sure you know how important it is to use separate towels, toilet etc and keep washing hands, using disinfectant. Good luck. You may not get it and, if you do, it may be very mild.

venusbluejeans
02-01-18, 13:06
Unfortunately as you will have been in close contact with them then pretty high BUT as you have got this far it seems promising :)

Wilburis
02-01-18, 14:57
Thank you!

My husband says I should be OK as we've worked out dates, and he was ill 3 days after the girls and we are now 5 days past him being ill:winks: I dont know.....

Im bound to get it when the kids go back so school :weep:

I really don't want to catch this as well as everything else we had in my family xx

toddsmum
02-01-18, 16:45
It really depends on the bug. Practice good hygiene and you could be lucky as most of the tummy bugs going round just now seem to have short incubation periods. So your husband could be right that you've avoided it.

Annaboodle
02-01-18, 17:07
My personal experience (kids + partner) is that if it's been bug free for that long you may just have escaped it this time. Usually it's one straight after the other dropping like flies. A friend recently was the only one in a house of 5 not to get the Norovirus, in spite of being the one cleaning up after her 3 children and partner when they had it. But if you do get it you will cope just fine and it will soon pass (fingers crossed though you've escaped).

Fishmanpa
02-01-18, 17:16
It's a roll of the dice.... That's the reality. My wife had it around a month ago. I didn't get it. You can take all the precautions you want, and they do lessen the chances, but that shopping cart you touched or the keypad at the ATM etc. etc...?

Bottom line... If you're gonna get it, you're gonna get it :shrug: At least you'll know what it is and deal with it as opposed to running amok in anxiety.

Positive thoughts

elysemarie123
02-01-18, 17:34
Even if you get it you will be fine! I just had the flu two days after Christmas. My 4 year old niece and 7 month old nephew brought nearly everyone a Christmas present - the wonderful sickness they had on Christmas (50% of family members got sick the same day I did with the same thing)!

Look - I'm still here typing -- you're going to be just fine :D

Wilburis
02-01-18, 19:15
Thank you all!

:hugs:

Wilburis
12-01-18, 12:52
Woo hoo!

I appear to have missed the bug!

:yesyes::yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
12-01-18, 12:54
Woo hoo!

I appear to have missed the bug!

:yesyes::yesyes:

:yahoo:

Sounds like you were too busy running around after everyone else to catch it :biggrin: what a Christmas!

Wilburis
12-01-18, 15:34
Hello MyNameIsTerry

Thank you :hugs:

My whole December was awful.

I remember my middle daughter was ill on Christmas Day the previous year.

Hope you are well xx

axolotl
12-01-18, 16:15
Hello MyNameIsTerry

Thank you :hugs:

My whole December was awful.

I remember my middle daughter was ill on Christmas Day the previous year.

Hope you are well xx

It's such a bad time of year. They should so move Christmas to the summer when there's less colds and flu around! ;)

Glad you escaped it.

Wilburis
12-01-18, 17:29
Hi axolotl

Thank you and I totally agree about moving Christmas, lol xx