PDA

View Full Version : BP has been higher lately..

Goblin88
02-01-18, 12:23
I have monitor at home and check it daily(used to be 3-4 times a day, making progress at stopping). Normally, I’d see numbers from 117-130/70-85..but since last Tuesday I’m getting readings from 145-160/95-100+ and this has me right back in the cycle that I’ve been so well at keeping myself out of for the past few months. I do feel pretty anxious when taking it now, but wasn’t when I first saw the spike, I was just checking it in the morning like usual.

I’m not sure if I should be concerned, or ignore it and just put it down to anxiety and leave it there. I see my doctor in 10 days so it’ll be discussed with him(I have intense white coat syndrome as well, 170-190/100+ readings while at a doctor), but until then..*deep breaths*

unicorndusy
02-01-18, 17:05
Hey there,

Please try not to panic as it’s completely normal for your blood pressure to go up and down throughout the day, even when you feel happy and calm. I myself have a very fast heart rate (normally 90-100) and whenever the doctor has taken it it has been high but I haven’t worried as I put it down to being overweight. I started going to the gym and am now to sort myself out and sometimes when exercising my heart rate can be 180-200 (normally 150-60 until I check it and freak out lol). Now that you have seen a perfectly normal fluctuation, you feel anxious every time you check it so it’s always going to appear high and scary. I’m sure your doctor will say the same thing but for reassurance on here I would say you are fine. I’d only ever really worry about a high blood pressure reading if you feel chest pain and breathing problems, but you haven’t got those and they can also be anxiety so it’s best to try and relax and be comforted with the fact you are seeing your doctor really soon. Happy New Year and I hope 2018 brings you peace and happiness.

Peace and love