PDA

View Full Version : Virus infection, need some advice

JonS86
02-01-18, 17:13
Hi all, some advice please, been suffering with a virus for 3 weeks now. It’s gone like this:

Week 1: vertigo, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
Week 2: vertigo, nausea, swollen glands, low fever, stomach ache
Week 3: nausea, swollen glands, low fever, general unwel feeling

Went to the docs start of week 3, they didn’t seem bothered, did blood test and glandular fever test, negative but CRP levels slightly raised which means inflammation in the body e.g a virus. Signed off work a week and told to come back in 4 weeks to retest CRP again.

Now today, Day 21, I have swollen glands and a hot forehead and it’s getting to me. Keep worrying that it’s either going to get worse again and worse so that I’ll end up seriously ill, or that it’s going to take months.

Would you folks be worried?

JonS86
02-01-18, 22:13
I guess I need not then :blush:

au Lait
02-01-18, 22:20
I’m sorry you’re not feeling well. There are some nasty viruses going around right now. I’ve been sick since the 10th of December.

I think if your doctor’s not worried then you don’t have to worry either. Easier said than done, I know. I’m in a similar boat; trying not to worry but still struggling. Trying to remind myself that times like this are when HA can get out of hand.

ankietyjoe
02-01-18, 23:09
Yeah, loads of people had it/have it for weeks on end. I've still got the residual cough 3 months later.

Drink lots of fluids, rest, try not to think about it.

And ban yourself from Google.

Speranza
02-01-18, 23:25
If you look at the symptoms they are easing off... looks as though you've had some kind of ear infection. You will be fine. We are designed to cope with these bugs. Just think - every day you aren't well yet, is another day you are making loads of antibodies. Win-win! ;)

JonS86
05-01-18, 15:49
Starting to panic again about this, day 24. Feeling uncomfortably hot, had night sweats and sweating. Forehead feels hot to touch and it’s making me uncomfortable which is making my anxiety spiral. Pretty sure the heat and uncomfortable feeling isn’t anxiety, I know my anxiety and it isn’t this this is the virus.

Bastett
05-01-18, 16:03
I too have a virus with lymph nodes, mine affects my throat and sinuses.. But I don't have elevated CRP I wonder why is that. Mine is 0.1.

JonS86
05-01-18, 16:16
How long have you had it?

Bastett
05-01-18, 16:19
How long have you had it?

Since 16th of December! Originally I had cough, but it has subsided already. So hopefully other things will go away too.

JonS86
05-01-18, 16:31
Proper getting worked up over this hot forehead and body temp, god it’s crappy.

countrygirl
05-01-18, 17:25
Have you actually got a temperature? If you have then my dr told me after 2 weeks of persistantly raised temp they do bloods but sounds like you have had these. I know that viruses/flu going round this year are dreadful. Myself and husband into 3rd week from flu. Out temps are normal but nothing else!

ThroatGoat
09-05-18, 19:46
I'm getting low body temp right now too, 36c or so. I've been ill for about 6 weeks.

All my bloods are fine, but night sweats are still getting to me too. Doubt it's anything serious with the amount of tests I've had done.

Do you have dry mouth and/or swollen tonsils too?