PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram success after 2 weeks

cherylpoppycozmo
02-01-18, 18:06
Just thought I'd post to hopefully reassure anyone who is struggling with anxiety.

I've been on citalopram for 2 weeks. The two weeks have been tough with trying to endure the side effects especially the increase in anxiety.

I went back to work today which I was dreading and I had the overwhelming thoughts that would normally trigger all the awful anxiety sensations including derealisation . But, despite the thoughts, the anxiety sensations didn't hit me. I believe this is cos of citalopram.

Hope this helps anyone struggling at the moment. I'm not 100% but I feel they are working.

Take care everyone

Vintagegirl
05-01-18, 18:17
Hello.
I have only been ob citalopram for 3 days and it's comforting to know. When did the side effects go for you.

cherylpoppycozmo
07-01-18, 09:39
They are gradually going. Still get a bit of anxiety in the morning but it's a lot better than first 2 weeks

B2timez
14-02-18, 07:25
I'm on 2 weeks now and anxiety is spiking,but not to full blown panic..Hopefully it subsides soon

LoraineT
14-02-18, 10:09
Hi, I'm pleased Citalopram is working for you, I was on it for three days but had a bad reaction and was rushed to hospital. My doctor put me on St. John's Wart and Omega-3.

Peggy0015
02-04-18, 21:25
I was on 20mg a day for 3 years and was great. After 3 years off it i took a major panic attack 3 weeks ago and dr out me bk on it but the 20mg was too much so i lowered it to 10mg. I felt fine with thst until yesterday but had some family problems. I feel quite on edge but I'm unsure if its just normal worry or it's creeping bk x