PDA

View Full Version : Can inner piles be felt from the outside?

BrokenGirl
02-01-18, 18:13
I don't know why but I feel a bit silly posting this, but as usual HA has taken over my mind. And sorry in advance for tmi.....
This time I'm concerned about anal/rectal cancer. Sorry, I know this doesn't make very nice reading but I can't shake the bad thoughts from my mind.
I've suffered from piles for years but for some reason when I was wiping that area the other day I could feel something hardish on the inside on one side, if that makes sense. I could feel it if I felt around on the outside (I'm not talking about putting my finger in or anything, uhh). And of course I'm running to the loo to check it quite often now. I can't feel any piles sticking out so there is a voice deep down telling me it's just my pile (or piles as I may have a few) that I'm feeling on the inside.
Can they be felt, and feel quite hard, from the outside? I can't believe I'm even writing this and there's no way I'm going to the doctor with this one. I don't have any other symptoms, no bleeding, no itching, bowl movements normal enough.
Please someone tell me it's the HA dragon tormenting me again.

Speranza
02-01-18, 19:22
Hi,

Yes you can feel internal piles from the outside, and yes, there can be a hard lump. It's one of those things it's not silly to see a doctor about but it's nothing serious, they just like to check it out. If it helps, think of a Far Side Cartoon with the caption, "When Piles Go Bad." With an evil-looking pile hiding on a plate of grapes...

It will clear on its own but the doc will be able to prescribe a cream to help.

If you google you will come up with all sorts of stuff but basically it is nothing to worry about - but if you can get it checked and treated with cream, it will be a lot less painful much more quickly! (If it isn't painful, great!! Win win)

swgrl09
03-01-18, 01:17
Yes. Sometimes, when mine act up, they can poke out.

MyNameIsTerry
03-01-18, 01:40
Mine were always internal according to my GP and I would say yes too. Like swgrl, when they flare up they pop out to say hello! I've had mine for a long time though so I'm probably more in the surgical procedure category now but even so they don't bother me much at all and so I've never bothered asking my GP about it.

I found salt water bathing did help with my flare ups years ago and shrunk them a bit.

Don't worry about asking your GP, they probably look at such things daily. It's just part of normal health to consult them over things like this and their treatment.

swgrl09
03-01-18, 02:35
Don't worry about asking your GP, they probably look at such things daily. It's just part of normal health to consult them over things like this and their treatment.

I would agree with this. When I first noticed it poking out, I rushed to my doctor (was a bad time for me and my HA). I was embarrassed and dreading the appointment, but she literally looked at it for 1 second and confirmed what it was. It was no big deal. Going to the gyno is much more intrusive!