PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a splinter? Can splinters enter the bloodstream? HELP

littleheart
03-01-18, 01:49
Hi all
Around 3 weeks ago I started feeling a sharp pain in my left thumb as if I had a splinter inside my thumb (this was after I took an exam and sat on some wooden furniture). I have tried asking several people to help me remove it but nobody could actually see anything... there was no visible sign of the splinter entering but I swear there was something inside my thumb. For the past 3 weeks or so I have continued to feel this way, but the sharp pain got less over the 3 weeks. This morning when I woke up I stopped feeling that there was a splinter inside my thumb and after reading numerous article online I am horrified and afraid that maybe because I didn't remove it in time, that splinter has entered my bloodstream and is now travelling to other organs. Is this even possible? Will I die from this? Please help me!

AntsyVee
03-01-18, 06:57
I’ve never heard of one entering tha bloodstream. They can cause infections, but it’s been three weeks and you never got one...plus now you have no pain. I’d say you’re fine.

Speranza
03-01-18, 14:40
If you had had a splinter in your thumb all this time I think you wuld at least have a lump, if not an infection.

No, they can't enter the bloodstream.Think about it... even if they were somehow to enter a vein (which would have to be when you did it, and then you WOULD know!) they still wouldn't travel round. They'd just sit there harmlessly.

Weird sharp pains are occasionally part of life. Dunno why. Perhaps we get them more than others!

I hope you can relax and forget about it now. That's how I know when something isn't 'really real' - if I can take my mind off it for a while.

Sounds as though there never was a splinter, just a funny pain.