PDA

View Full Version : Low iron/ anaemia/ pregnancy

Jojo22
03-01-18, 03:33
Hi there. I'm currently in my third trimester with my third baby and for the first time dealing with low iron and anaemia in pregnancy.

I had no idea until some routine blood tests revealed it and I wasn't taking a supplement because they had previously been normal. They were down to haemoglobin 94 and ferritin 5. I wasn't told for a couple of weeks and 3 weeks ago started on spatone to boost them and my hb is now 104 which I'm happy with but ferritin is still 5.

I'm now 2 weeks out from c section and really stressing. I am taking 3 spatone but no tablets due to side effects but I guess I'll put up with that if they will boost my levels in time. I'm confident hb will rise but no idea on iron stores I guess that takes a lot longer.

This worry has been consuming my mind the last few weeks and really draining my last few weeks of pregnancy. My health anxiety is always there but I need to get my head into gear for the arrival of bub and not be distracted by this. Can anyone relate? Has anyone else had good results with spatone or combining it with tablets? Have you gone into birth with low iron stores?