PDA

View Full Version : Could this be blood cancer?

bubx
03-01-18, 07:01
At the bottom of my legs, on that largish bone above my foot I found 3 red markings. One is on the bone and is a broken circle about 2cm in diameter. the other 2 are next to it and are circular with a dot in the middle and 5mm in diameter. There is no rash but it is present on the skin. When I press it or run my finger over the area it disappears momentarily. Apparently there are no cases of lyme disease in Australia. I got a blood test in November and my Complete blood count [platelets, red and white] were fine. What could this be and should I see a doctor?

unicorndusy
03-01-18, 11:18
Hey there,

From what you’ve said it sounds like these are from little knocks you have probably had without realising. I have a lot of these and at first like you I panicked that they were signs of something sinister. Anyhow, I forced myself not to see a doctor unless they got bigger or more appeared very rapidly, none of which happened so I was fine in the end. I have accepted I will get these for the rest of my life now aha. I would only worry if you get swelling, really bad pain or anything alone those lines. In terms of blood cancer, I would think you’d have way way more symptoms than just bruising. (Don’t look up horror stories or else you’ll end up scaring yourself unnecessarily).

I don’t think it’s anything to be concerned about but if it is really bothering you you could see your doctor for some reassurance.

Peace and love

bubx
03-01-18, 12:16
Thanks for the reply x. It doesn't look like bruises and doesn't hurt :huh: my mum thinks it's sunburn. I'm just scared that something went horribly wrong in the time between my last blood test in November and now :scared15: