PDA

View Full Version : Worrying about being a sexual harasser

rainydayinsummer
03-01-18, 13:49
Who else has done this? Personally, I've sat really close to people in public transport because I found them hot and now I'm worrying if it would count as harassment.

Bigboyuk
03-01-18, 14:22
Think a lot of us has been there so you aren't alone. No it wouldn't count as harassment not in the slightest so I would say this is your OCD playing up trying to convince you it is harassment. Are you seeking help meds/therapy for your OCD? If not your fist step is to talk with your Gp and get referral to a therapist :) ATB

Phuzella
03-01-18, 17:24
Depends how close you've sat. It could be very uncomfortable for the person you're sitting next to so I suggest you stop doing it.

Bigboyuk
03-01-18, 17:36
Well yes but public transport can be very claustrophobic at the best of times ATB

Speranza
03-01-18, 19:18
Probably if you are concerned, the answer is not to do the behaviour which is concerning you. Then there's no way anything can be misinterpreted.

Hollow
03-01-18, 19:45
I agree, it's better to stop this behaviour now before it becomes problematic in the long term. You don't wanna end up like that creepy old guy who always sits next to younger women on public transport and starts talking crap.

KK77
03-01-18, 20:48
Certainly bordering on harassment. You are invading someone's personal space by purposely getting "too close" and should instead look for other ways to get the attention of someone you find "hot". Perhaps you feel it will be harder for them to reject you if you're in their space?