PDA

View Full Version : I dont think any one can relate

Bigboyuk
03-01-18, 14:39
Hi All well 3 days in to the new year and Iam so empty,lonley often feel like lying in bed all day (but that wont solve anything) I don't want any ideas about joining groups tried all that and nothing works we as a human race aren't cut out to be on our own even those that say well it suits me it's because you have problems I have tried so hard to make friends I say to my self I will never give up but seems I may have to. Any one relate to this post. Thx :) ATB

pulisa
03-01-18, 18:03
Loneliness is a dreadful thing. I'm so sorry you feel so bad, BB. Do you start your CBT tomorrow? What about your work situation?

Bigboyuk
03-01-18, 18:51
it sure is. I spoke to the lady who has been seeing me and since I am getting help to declutter from another MH charity she feels I am ready to be discharged even though I havent had no CBT sure I think this other charity will help me get my house back and its long term help and support they may not be able to help with CBT the lady how I spoke to says you don't need both sources of help well excuse me I think I do, and think both CBT and practical help go hand in hand. what do you and others think about this?

As for work I speak to the staff and get on with my work. And that's it really thx for your reply :) ATB

pulisa
03-01-18, 20:58
So your CBT has been cancelled because you are getting help re hoarding?

Bigboyuk
03-01-18, 21:14
Yes doesn't make any sense you have to treat the OCD it's great I am getting help at last
with the hoarding but don't want to start hoarding again this is where the CBT would have helped :) ATB

KK77
03-01-18, 21:15
Without psychological support and therapy I don't see how you can just be expected to "declutter". Surely you need both, as you say, so I would stand your ground with this. You've been patient long enough and are obviously struggling with all this. Never surrender comrade!

Hollow
03-01-18, 21:25
It's quite ironic that in this age of mass communication, with so many "tools" out there for people to communicate with eachother, so many in our society are feeling increasingly isolated. I think (broken) Britain is one of the worst countries when it comes to the issue of loneliness. I agree that it's difficult to make "friends" at places of work because people have their own little groups that are hard to infiltrate if you're an outsider. Overall, there's a lack community spirit and most people have no choice but to be part of the rat race.

Bigboyuk
03-01-18, 21:53
Without psychological support and therapy I don't see how you can just be expected to "declutter". Surely you need both, as you say, so I would stand your ground with this. You've been patient long enough and are obviously struggling with all this. Never surrender comrade! Yeah I cant see that either I will have a word with the charity tomorrow when they call I will never give up Comrade:yesyes: ATB

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

It's quite ironic that in this age of mass communication, with so many "tools" out there for people to communicate with eachother, so many in our society are feeling increasingly isolated. I think (broken) Britain is one of the worst countries when it comes to the issue of loneliness. I agree that it's difficult to make "friends" at places of work because people have their own little groups that are hard to infiltrate if you're an outsider. Overall, there's a lack community spirit and most people have no choice but to be part of the rat race. That is so true Hollow and couldnt have said this any better its deffiantely a rat race thx ATB

pulisa
04-01-18, 20:37
Were you able to speak to the charity today?

Bigboyuk
04-01-18, 21:39
Were you able to speak to the charity today? Yes I did and we have made a start in the kitchen but there's already a difference to be seen :) It's a 90 mins session each week and is long term too :) On the CBT front I told my support worker who also seemed a little concerned I wasn't getting CBT so is looking in to it for me in conjunction with the decluttering support so far so good I am glad I kept pushing for help though :) Ths Pulisa for asking ATB