PDA

View Full Version : Do you have OCD compulsion movements?

Ljj44577
04-01-18, 01:57
I know this may be hard to describe, but whenever I'm doing something, I have to do it a certain way (literally or physically). Whenever I am signing on to a website, I have to a certain movement just to feel "safe".

Also, I have to do times at certain times. Another thing that I forgot to mention is that I feel a compulsion to do a certain task or anything else on a certain date. For example, I try to avoid doing anything on the 13th or the 23th of the month.

I am not looking for reassurance. I am just looking for anyone else who has the same problem.

Does anyone else have this same problem?

MyNameIsTerry
04-01-18, 04:40
Yes, I did loads of stuff like this. Magical Thinking was one of my themes and this is how it manifests.

I had to do the same things on the same days, eat the expected meals, wear the correct clothing for a day, etc. I had loads like this. Walking is healthy but my daily walking became obsessive and it was full of compulsions whether the same route or reading specific posters, etc. I would do the same walking around shops.

Basically anxiety trying to micro manage any possible perceived (and irrational) risk. It's like carrying a water bottle in many ways, a safety behaviour gone to haywire levels.