PDA

View Full Version : Kidney infection fear, help me please!!!!

Brunamateus
04-01-18, 08:13
Hey guys, 6 days Ago went to the er with severa Back, abdominal and groin pain, was diagnosed with uti, was prescribed really weak dose of antibiotics, next day went back as pain was excrutiating, spent the night there, had a ct scan done everything fine, went to my doctor who gave me stronger antibiotics, started them two days Ago, and he told me I have cystitis, the thing is, yesterday had really bad taste in mouth, today this morning i almost puked as I was a bit nauseous...im convinced it spread to my kidneys, please help me please!!! I dont have a fever but im also on anti inflamatories for the pain, so im scared that's masking my fever

ankietyjoe
04-01-18, 10:05
Antibiotics can cause all sorts of stomach upset, so can anti inflammatory medications.

Antibiotics in particular kill all the good bacteria in your stomach and can make you feel quite ill. You're now on your second dose. It would seem highly unlikely that an infection would spread during your second course of AB's.

Brunamateus
04-01-18, 12:27
Thank you alot for your reply, that makes me feel a little better, I thought about that aswell but just can't make myself think racionally I guess

O_O
04-01-18, 18:36
A nasty taste in the mouth and vomiting are classic side effects of antibiotics.

Even if you did have a kidney infection, you're receiving the right treatment. I had a kidney infection and took antibiotics and I was fine.

If the antibiotics do start making you sick, try taking them with a little bit of food. Although ideally you'd probably take them on an empty stomach (depending on the antibiotic).

toddsmum
04-01-18, 19:36
Many anti inflammatories are notorious for making people feel nauseous and digestive problems, some doctors also prescribe a stomach protector like omeprazole to take with them it can be that bad. You could try asking your pharmacist if he could recommend something and see if that helps.

Brunamateus
05-01-18, 12:02
A nasty taste in the mouth and vomiting are classic side effects of antibiotics.

Even if you did have a kidney infection, you're receiving the right treatment. I had a kidney infection and took antibiotics and I was fine.

If the antibiotics do start making you sick, try taking them with a little bit of food. Although ideally you'd probably take them on an empty stomach (depending on the antibiotic).

Good to know that it is one of the side effects, I was scared because people who had a kidney infection also said they had a nasty taste on their mouth 😥 I'm scared that the antibiotics aren't the right ones in case I developed a kidney infection since my doctor said all I had was a cystitis, do all type of antibiotics work with kidney infections? I'm not sure how this works and I'm scared to look it up and read things that I shouldn't 🙁

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

Many anti inflammatories are notorious for making people feel nauseous and digestive problems, some doctors also prescribe a stomach protector like omeprazole to take with them it can be that bad. You could try asking your pharmacist if he could recommend something and see if that helps.

I'm surprised my doctor didn't prescribe me one, I'll try to look it up!

ankietyjoe
05-01-18, 12:05
do all type of antibiotics work with kidney infections?

You haven't been diagnosed with a kidney infection ;)

O_O
05-01-18, 12:10
I'm not sure whether all types of antibiotics work for all types of infection, but I'm pretty sure the antibiotics used for UTIs are the same used for kidney infections. Especially since you have stronger ones now.

Are you still in a lot of pain? I think if your symptoms haven't improved at all in a couple of days you should speak to your doctor again, but for nasty infections antibiotics can just take a little while to kick in.