PDA

View Full Version : Hello, another anxious soul in the journey of life

Moose.
27-06-07, 10:24
Hi all,

I'm Matt, 27, and have been suffering with general anxiety disorder for just over two years now. It started when I used to wake up every morning feeling like I was about to burst into tears (I did on a few occasions). So I went to see my doctor about it. She was very understanding and recommended I did a course of CBT. This went ok, and I did actually get quite a lot better after a few months, enough that I could get on with life again (although I still had an underlining feeling of anxiety, but it was manageable).

However, these past few months, things haven't really been going my way with my life and I've allowed the anxiety to slip back in. The worst thing (as I'm sure so many of you know) is that it feeds itself and I find myself over thinking and worrying about everything now. It's so easy to let my mind do this and it just makes me feel so awful.

At the moment it's the mornings I find the worst. It can take until lunch time before I start to feel more normal again. I also have a real fear of being alone. If I'm alone, my mind starts to think "what ifs" and pull me back down into that anxious feeling. I just can't stop thinking about the future and how bad things could be, even though I have no real reason to think like that! I just seem to find it so much easier to see the negative sides of everything rather than the positives.

I know I can feel better again, but that light seems such a long way away at the moment. I'm tempted to go back to my doctor again, but I'm not sure if doing the CBT again will help, as I'm sure she'll just tell me the same old stuff again.

Thanks for reading anyway. Oddly just writing this all down has calmed me a little.

Zanxiety
27-06-07, 10:53
Greetings Moose, and a warm welcome to the site. Everyone on here is ever so friendly and supportive of each other as you may have gathered. I really can relate to how you feel with your General Anxiety Disorder, and it's effects. Also sorry that it's got worse again. Sometimes, a change in routine or doing something challenging can help weaken this disorder.

Your certainly right, you can feel better again and coming on here should help you with your recovery. Feel free to PM me if you need to chat sometime.

Do take care and look after yourself from Zanxiety.:)

JulieAs45
27-06-07, 10:58
:welcome:

Hi Matt,

Welcome to nmp, its a great site and you will find lots of help here from people in similar situation as you.

Ive suffered panic attacks for years and I had cbt and was doing really well for a while, however things happen to put you back where you started, its called life i think and as you say once negative thoughts are there it hard to think any other way. I too worry and overthink the smallest things. But I do get on with my life make the best of it and at the moment im positive and quite enjoying it! Think I've accepted that this is the way i am and rather than get frustrated with it I just go with the flow, if I have the negative thought i just recognise that thats all it is.

I too dont like mornings and dont usually feel great until the afternoon dont know why that is, its a mystery. I went back to my docs in January and he put me on a low dose of anti depressants which have really helped me. I also found this site and the chatroom where there are always people happy to chat and support and also have a good laugh. Its helps to know you're not alone. You should check it out.

Anyway again welcome to nmp hun :yesyes:

Julie
x

yorkylover
27-06-07, 13:10
Hi Moose and :welcome: you will get lots of support here and advise.you will never feel alone.:hugs:

Lindalou64
27-06-07, 14:15
hi matt and welcome,i dont really like mornings myself and i was always a morning person......i still am but feel lousy tho in the morning,i wish ya the best........linda

trac67
27-06-07, 15:12
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

honeybee3939
27-06-07, 16:02
Hi Matt

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here i hope we can be of of some help.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

belle
27-06-07, 16:49
Hi and welcome!

x

Moose.
27-06-07, 16:52
Thanks for the warm welcome all :)

I think I'll be sticking around for a while yet. There's loads to read on these forums, quite a lot of which I can really relate to. And it's so nice to know I'm not alone.

manmoor
27-06-07, 17:59
Hi Matt,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

groovygranny
27-06-07, 20:17
Hello there Matt, :welcome:to you!

You're among friends here - plenty of help and support!

Pleased to meet you!

:)

Pink Princess
27-06-07, 23:44
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

Lozzie
28-06-07, 13:19
Hi Matt :byebye:

Just briefly spoke to you in chat! :)

Welcome to the site, you will find lots of great info and meet some lovely people too :)

I'm 22 and suffer with panic attacks and general anxiety. At the moment some days I can find it hard to go out, which can be difficult. Alot of my friends dont understand. This makes it hard when I can't meet them cos of my anxiety. But finding this site and finding that there are alot of people i the same boat as me has been a huge comfort! :hugs:

Hope to chat to you soon!
Take care
Laura xxx:flowers:

Southern_Belle
28-06-07, 17:10
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the site. As you have already found there are many here who feel exactly like you do. Mornings are my worst time too especially waking up. You are among friends here.

Laura

nomorepanic
02-07-07, 19:18
Hi Matt

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and you meet some fab new friends along the way.

Take some time to read all you can on the website pages as well - I am sure that will be of some help.