PDA

View Full Version : Will I ever get better? Pity party happening over here.

cattia
04-01-18, 11:56
I'm struggling so much right now. My anxiety has been really bad for ages, jumping from one worry to another. Most of these worries centre around cancer of some kind, but also chronic long term illness like fibromyalgia or ME.
Last night I woke up and had a burning smell in my nose for about thirty seconds. Now freaked out about a brain tumour. I had flu all over Christmas and now I don't feel good. Headaches every day, fatigue that won't shift, aches in my legs, stiff joints, just not 100%. Still got the cough and congested sinuses. I just feel so far away from being healthy, it feels like I'll never manage to get there, mentally or physically.

Worriedwellornot
04-01-18, 12:39
Hi cat I can completely empathise as feeling very similar 3 weeks into chest infection. I'm worried I'm not getting any better too.

Malibustace
04-01-18, 12:40
Hi, I’m sorry you’re feeling this way but I totally get it, as I’m feeling very sorry for myself at the moment too. I started with a cold at the beginning of December, lasted a few weeks, had a couple of days where I felt normal, then bam New Year’s Day, woke up can’t breath, my cough sounds awful, very chesty and loud, I haven’t been back to work yet this year, and I am convinced I’ll never feel well again. Of course the rational side of me says it’s just a cold and lots of people are feeling the same, but my HA is telling me it’s something worse :(
I really hope that you’re feeling better soon x

Mindprison
04-01-18, 12:52
I agree with the above. My mum and dad have both had recurring colds the last 6 months. My mum even had to get a chest x-ray because the cough wouldn't go, nothing was wrong. Eventually it just left on it's own.

The viruses that went around last year were particularly nasty. Could be that this one you caught is taking its sweet time to go away.

Darksky
04-01-18, 14:06
A dose of flu can knock you for six for literally weeks on end. My OH and myself caught flu around February last year and it absolutely flattened us. Even after the usual flu symptoms subsided we were left with terrible fatigue and aches. Walking the dogs was a Herculean feat because it was so hard to put one foot in front if the other. I can't remember how long it was before I felt ok again but it was a fair old while.
But of course we both eventually felt better when the thing had run its course and you will too. It takes time for your body to win the war against these nasty viruses but it always wins in the end. Just keep going but try not to push yourself to exhaustion. You will get there :hugs:

Katie55
04-01-18, 17:51
Flu also has depression as an added side dish! It's usual to feel down after a bug. This isn't helping your HA but just knowing it's normal might help a bit. Hope you feel better soon.

cattia
04-01-18, 20:18
Thank you for all your encouraging replies. I am so anxious and impatient to feel normal again. I hope it happens soon, but it really is reassuring to know that other people have felt this way after a virus and got back to normal again.