PDA

View Full Version : Too much, unorganised and lack self-discipline

cactuarjon
04-01-18, 13:54
As the title says. Sudden realisation today that most of my problems and issues revolve around this. I want to do too much. I get excited, strange boosts of energy/productivity/motivation/inspiration (all at once) and I'm all "I'm going to do this! And I'm going to do that!" and everything looks marvellous in my head - a wonderful creative project or a nice clean, organised home or a new hobby I want to get into. (More often than not all of these plus many more all at once). It's like the second my brain becomes motivated, it's constantly buzzing and coming up with idea after idea without a break, without knowing when to stop, and nothing is related, it's all a different project all after one another before giving myself any time to focus on just one thing. It's not filtering things properly.

And then 15mins later and I realise I don't have the money to be able to get the tools I need, I don't have a certain skill set for a particular activity and I most certainly don't have the time!

And then all that wonderful positive energy is just... gone. I feel bummed. And the negative thoughts come back and settle in right where they belong, like the ass groove you've made yourself in your favourite chair. And my main priority at that moment is to do nothing! I honestly think that all the idea's and everything that float around in my head just cause so much overwhelm that I become exhausted before I have even done anything!

Yes, I have tried to-do lists. I've tried planning things out. I've tried budgeting. To-do lists just get put into a random note-book and then lost between the pages and completely forgotten about. The same goes with planning things out. Budgeting never works because 15mins later i've completely forgotten whatever project I wanted to focus on (and i mean literally, whoomp - gone out my head) and I then make some ridiculous impulsive purchase that I don't need that I will regret within an hour but made completely subconsciously. I have no self-control and no discipline. I don't know how to stop myself from doing things and I don't know how to productively motivate myself where it matters.

I know nothing, Jon Snow.

I wish I was able to function my brain at a normal capacity. Maintain a focus in one direction, not 20 all at once.

Bigboyuk
04-01-18, 14:05
Hi Jon I think we all do this from time to time, the ideas are good but too many on the go at one given time is really overwhelming I know from personal experience Ok you mention a organised clean home ( was this a example or true to you?) I know it is for me any way long story short is I now have support worker from a mh charity his first visit to my home we have made good head way and we both mucked in and feel he is going to be very supportive and it's long term too :) sure we have done some work today but small chunks and not a whole room I can see the difference already now so my advice is if you can get a support worker too to help you it will help check what mh services are available to you in your area. As always small baby steps is the best approach :) ATB

cactuarjon
04-01-18, 14:24
Hi Jon I think we all do this from time to time

This is my constant, my life.... every single day.

My house is a disgrace. I doesn't help that I don't like it and I want to move, but just not able to right now. I am very ashamed of how I live - sometimes pots don't get washed for weeks, I struggle to change my bedding regularly, empty cartons/bottles ect can be left laying around for weeks before finally being thrown away. I regularly have to wash my clothes at least twice because they go in the washer, I turn it on and then forget about it for days. But it's not just that, I want nice things too... I want a nice cabinet or something for the bathroom so that everything doesn't get thrown on the windowsill and lost/forgotten about. My bed is in my living room (i basically don't have a living room), but I wouldn't mind organising some space for a two seater settee or something, i'd like to have matching decor. But I know anything new I buy will just get tossed around and never used.

The mh support thing is a good idea to look into, but I live with my partner who also has mh issues and he doesn't like anyone coming into our home. He's not very good at helping keep the house clean/tidy either lol in fact, I'm sure he's worse!

Bigboyuk
04-01-18, 14:42
This is my constant, my life.... every single day.

My house is a disgrace. I doesn't help that I don't like it and I want to move, but just not able to right now. I am very ashamed of how I live - sometimes pots don't get washed for weeks, I struggle to change my bedding regularly, empty cartons/bottles ect can be left laying around for weeks before finally being thrown away. I regularly have to wash my clothes at least twice because they go in the washer, I turn it on and then forget about it for days. But it's not just that, I want nice things too... I want a nice cabinet or something for the bathroom so that everything doesn't get thrown on the windowsill and lost/forgotten about. My bed is in my living room (i basically don't have a living room), but I wouldn't mind organising some space for a two seater settee or something, i'd like to have matching decor. But I know anything new I buy will just get tossed around and never used.

The mh support thing is a good idea to look into, but I live with my partner who also has mh issues and he doesn't like anyone coming into our home. He's not very good at helping keep the house clean/tidy either lol in fact, I'm sure he's worse! Yeah I totally hear you on this my house is exactly in the same state every single room is the same cluttered etc kitchen is absolute disgrace eg: my sink has/had dishes in for weeks on end and it stinks the draining board is now brown from not being washed down and plates etc are a disaster waiting to fall off and smash all over the floor, creating more mess :eek: But so glad I have a support worker now it's took years to find help but now I have:yesyes:

Yeah having a untidy partner (no offence mate) isn't helping you either, and feel support worker could help both of you does your partner want a clean/tidy home?So feel your pain on this :) I would like to talk to you offline via pm/email in more detail if that's ok! Never give up is my moto Jon :) ATB

cactuarjon
04-01-18, 15:21
you're very welcome to PM me :)

Bigboyuk
09-01-18, 16:14
Sure I got it through the well being service in stoke on trent when I was supposed to be having CBT which for some reason they decided it wasn't for me even though I have OCD
any long story short the wrote a support letter to Staffs Rethink which has now assessed me and the help started last week and is long term too :) So not sure if the Well Being Service is a national thing or just Staffordshire unlike Staffs Rethink which is just locally so have a look at the Well Being Service and see if they are in your area and its self referral too :) let us know how you get on please ATB