PDA

View Full Version : Did washing 3 times

phil06
04-01-18, 18:00
Today I did the washing three times and worried I never put powder in so it took me three washes and almost all the washing powder bottle anybody else had this issue? :ohmy:

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

Due to this stress I may have to wash a 4th time

Elen
04-01-18, 18:10
if you have used up washing powder then you have put it in the wash

this is getting out of hand phil

at some stage you are going to have to tackle the real problem

phil06
04-01-18, 18:16
if you have used up washing powder then you have put it in the wash

this is getting out of hand phil

at some stage you are going to have to tackle the real problem

Yes it’s a problem but what I’ve done in past is if I worry it’s not washed and I don’t rewash I buy new clothes airers but I’m worried my electric bill will rise with all the rewashing :blush:

nomorepanic
04-01-18, 18:21
well yeah it will rise.

So get some help for the OCD please.

Phuzella
04-01-18, 18:36
Mindfulness Phil. Be mindful of what you're doing and you will know you're put washing powder in etc. Yes your electricity bill will rise if you keep on re washing stuff.

phil06
04-01-18, 19:19
I gave up at three washes as normally two is enough to reassure me. I wanted to wash a 4th but would gurantree the electric bill would rise and I can’t afford a rise. :huh:

It did smell of laundry powder but that doesn’t always reassure me. Had to buy more laundry powder after using one I just got last night.

MyNameIsTerry
05-01-18, 01:29
Phil , you say you gave up after 3 washes when you were considering a 4th. What made you give up?

Bigboyuk
05-01-18, 11:02
Terry it's the cost of the electric that stopped phil from washing a fourth time :eek: Not to mention the washing machine that will need to be replaced more often and possible skin infections cause of over use of washing powder and the extra stress this is causing him the only way forward on all this is now get some help for his out of control OCD, which he wont nothing else will help Phil so it's up to him now :) ATB

Magic
05-01-18, 12:12
I have washed my clothes many times without washing powder. They have not been rewashed. I do not like the smell of washing powders. and the washing is clean, It's just refreshed. As BB said skin reactions. Better to use little, or none.
Phil PLEASE try your best to get this obsession dealt with. Do your best x

Bigboyuk
05-01-18, 12:23
I think in Phil's case there are 2 issues here: 1. He says there is very little help/provision where he lives for MH help (OCD) 2. He thinks he is beyond help, both are stumbling blocks to recovery and he wont be able to move forward IMHO.

Darksky
05-01-18, 13:35
Phil, just a bit of logic here......where do you think all the powder has gone?

MyNameIsTerry
05-01-18, 16:21
Terry it's the cost of the electric that stopped phil from washing a fourth time :eek: Not to mention the washing machine that will need to be replaced more often and possible skin infections cause of over use of washing powder and the extra stress this is causing him the only way forward on all this is now get some help for his out of control OCD, which he wont nothing else will help Phil so it's up to him now :) ATB

Yes thanks, I get that Dave but I what I mean is what changed in Phil in that exact moment to make him say stop to himself. It doesn't sound like he was less anxious so he must have confronted the fear.

I didn't feel I could stop mine but if I thought someone was watching me I would stop. For me it was about the embarrassment being worse and I'm wondering if Phil can point to something that shows him he can control it.

Just trying to probe a bit deeper. Those costs could be harnessed in everything he wants to replace if he uses the tools to challenge the fear.

Bigboyuk
05-01-18, 16:31
Yes thanks, I get that Dave but I what I mean is what changed in Phil in that exact moment to make him say stop to himself. It doesn't sound like he was less anxious so he must have confronted the fear.

I didn't feel I could stop mine but if I thought someone was watching me I would stop. For me it was about the embarrassment being worse and I'm wondering if Phil can point to something that shows him he can control it.

Just trying to probe a bit deeper. Those costs could be harnessed in everything he wants to replace if he uses the tools to challenge the fear. Yes good point Terry :) But feel the fear kicked in on the sheer expense of 4 washes and not 3, be interested to hear what Phil says on this. ATB

MyNameIsTerry
05-01-18, 17:02
Yes good point Terry :) But feel the fear kicked in on the sheer expense of 4 washes and not 3, be interested to hear what Phil says on this. ATB

Yes, indeed. If the cost builds up he is forced to confront his fears over contamination. So, if he can do it then he can do it earlier on in that cycle.

I'm interested to know how he felt afterwards too and when his anxiety faded.

He could use cost and what he could better spend that money as a way to sat stop and that could be utilised on lower cost items too by seeing the bigger picture of waste.

phil06
05-01-18, 23:12
I put washing on radiators rather than airers to ease my anxiety however the room smelt strong of laundry powder so it eased my fear but it was so strong as I used a whole bottle over three washes.

I’ve still not got over my worry with the windows being contaminated. I spent a day cleaning them down so I can now touch them without washing my hands but I still feel a disgust that they are dirty in some way or spoiled and moving would ease this worry. Sadly I can’t do much about the window fitter touching my old wash basket.

I’m no further on to finding help yet though.

Phuzella
06-01-18, 07:28
Phil drying washing on the radiators won't help you damp problem. Why not buy a dehumidifier? Get a clothes airer rack type thing too. Dehumidifiers don't cost a lot to run and the amount of water they take out of the air I think it's amazing :).
Also not clogging up your radiators with washing will let more heat into the room.
Regarding your wondering if you put detergent into the machine, you really need to be mentally present when you do stuff, this is where mindfulness comes in.
You really need to help yourself :)