PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out over vision disturbance!

Librella
05-01-18, 14:44
Yesterday I was on the computer all day working on an online class. Probably like 10 hours with only short breaks. After I was done I started watching TV, that was when I noticed my vision was getting weird. It started with a blind spot in the center of my vision, then everything was kind of blurry and I saw zigzag lines. I tried covering up each eye but that didn’t help, it was my entire vision.

I thought it was eye strain so I lay down and closed my eyes. The symptoms are gone this morning. My eyes do feel a little sore from stain but I don’t have a bad headache or any other migraine symptoms.

This has happened to me twice before, but it was a few years ago.
So is it an ocular migraine? Should I go to the eye doctor? What kind of tests would they do because I’m scared of getting my eyes poked and prodded. I wasn’t too worried last night but now I’m thinking about it more and I’m scared I had a stroke or something.

Edit: I just saw some other posts about this, I guess it’s super common. Still nervous though, because it seems weird to just have the vision problem and no headache.

lofwyr
05-01-18, 14:48
They don't poke and prod at all. They dilate them with drops and have a look. It might be worth while, but in 47 years of eye exams, I have never had my eyes touched. And they have looked for strokes, brain tumors, glaucoma, diabetes, melanoma, and retinal tears. They can tell a lot about an eye by looking at them. But it would be worth taking a look to be sure, especially if you have not had an eye exam.

Librella
05-01-18, 15:16
Okay, thanks for that reassurance. The drops don’t bother me too much. I might go just to put my mind at ease.

ShaunRyder
05-01-18, 15:47
Most likely the amount of time you was on the computer, my job involves sitting on a computer everyday so I get things like this very regularly.

countrygirl
05-01-18, 17:30
I very rarely get silent migraines always triggered by severe stress event. All i get is zigzag lines that over 15 mins work from one side of vision to other. Sometimes 1 eye sometimes both. Then its gone. Whilst yours sounds very much like silent migraine especially as it passed off it is always wise to see your dr. If you get sent to eye clinic its just drops in eyes so they can have a good look. Or you can see an optician as tgey are experts on eyes.i am in uk so who you see may be different

Chris 614
05-01-18, 18:40
Sounds like the ocular migraines that I get every so often. They are annoying but not harmful. I didn't get any poking and prodding when I had it checked out by the ophthalmologist.

Librella
12-01-18, 16:32
I had another one of these yesterday. I was talking to my boss when I saw the blind spot and then by the time I got back to my desk, there were zigzags all over my vision.
I spent a lot of time researching migraines and then started reading about mini strokes again even though I had previously convinced myself I was fine. Why do I do this. :weep:
I couldn’t find an optometrist near me with an appointment open this week so I will go in 2 weeks...I’m sure it will be okay to wait but I’m going to be anxious that whole time.

Chris 614
12-01-18, 17:04
Did you read about ocular migraines? I found some websites that described them and showed pictures of what I was experiencing visually. Also, when I get one it is usually followed by another one within a week or two, then I won't get another one for a long time. My last one was over a year ago.

Librella
12-01-18, 17:17
Yes, I did. My symptoms are exactly like the descriptions and the pictures of ocular migraine, it’s just my anxiety telling me otherwise lol. Sounds like I’m having a similar pattern, my last one was a long time ago so I guess that’s why I’m nervous having two in a week.

melfish
12-01-18, 18:07
That was a migraine aura. You don't need to have the headache after.

madeuprolemodel
21-03-18, 08:03
Hi

I was wondering how you were doing and have you seen anyone about them? Reason I ask is I’m also going through the same thing! I’ve had a CT scan and all was clear but still something telling me this isn’t normal and I should be worried ��