PDA

View Full Version : Uncle died on Christmas Day. Advice needed

Fudge2236
06-01-18, 15:10
This is a short version!

Seen the doc on thursday and she prescribed 21 2mg Diazepam to be taken x3 a day.

In the past just with general anxiety she's given more and it worked then.

Trouble is now these are not even taking the edge off, I'm scared I may have a seizure(get them when stressed) and drop the coffin.

I've not eaten in 4.5 days, I'm not sleeping even with the 2mg diazepam.

I feel I need a higher dosage or I won't be able to get through this and support my family.

Due to see another doc on Tuesday morning and going to explain the above but anxious she'd think I just want drugs. The current dose isn't working for my anxiety and to de stress.

Am I wrong to bring this up with her on tuesday? As if I don't get something sorted with me not eating I'll end p in phsyc hosp again.

Any advice is welcome many thanks.

Bigboyuk
06-01-18, 16:14
Hello Fudge Sorry to hear this it's never easy losing a close family member my friend perhaps try and get some therapy and or grief counselling think it would be a great outlet and help too you, peace to you now at the difficult time :) ATB

AntsyVee
06-01-18, 16:22
Condolences for your loss. I agree with BB. Grief counseling would be a great option. I can't recommend it enough.

Benjammin69
06-01-18, 17:30
Am
I reading this write as you have diazepam to calm you down for the funeral? And are you carrying the coffin? If so and it’s the event I’m sure your GP would prescribe a higher dose but be sure not to get to much. And as above meds are prob not best to deal with grief counselling will help. I been in therapy for over a year now it helps offloaded every week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fudge2236
06-01-18, 22:15
Yes I'm carrying the coffin so the current 2md diazepam isn't enough for me I feel as I've have 5mg in the past.

I have a shrink but that's not until weeks after funeral.

Just feel at such a loss as to what to do.

Thanks all

AntsyVee
06-01-18, 22:18
There are grief groups online. That would be better if grief counseling is not an option right now.

Fudge2236
07-01-18, 04:45
I'm going to explain to GP on Tuesday as the 2mg isn't helping and I need something to get me through this. He was a father to me, I'm broken.

Family offering to go in with me but I can speak to GP on my own,

Still so anxious over it all it's making me throw up.

Mark

AntsyVee
07-01-18, 06:12
I understand. I lost my best friend suddenly in 2014; I discovered his body.

It's not going to be easy. The first month is the roughest, followed by the first year. But you will make it through. It helps to keep busy; any alone time where you can let your thoughts spiral is hard. Definitely ask for a higher dose; you will probably need it also to sleep.

Please feel free to reach out to me by PM if you need to talk.

Fudge2236
07-01-18, 07:51
Thank you and did PM.

Most seem to agree asking for a slightly higher dose isn't the worst thing in the world. It's that or I have a breakdown due to stress anxiety and the sleep issue not to mention the grief. Typing this with tears streaming,

Bigboyuk
07-01-18, 11:43
Of course it's not Mark Do you think your dr will help? I mean some are very understanding and some aren't. If this is any help you could look for a alternative maybe such as a herbal remedy Try and stay strong through this dark time. It will get easier too :) ATB Mark

Fudge2236
07-01-18, 14:52
Thankfully, with help of family, I'm sorted until I see my doc on Tuesday. So relieved as was really close to a meltdown.

Thanks all and will update on Tuesday

Bigboyuk
07-01-18, 16:26
Hey we are here for you so if you feel you need to vent or what ever we will listen take care and ATB :)

Fudge2236
08-01-18, 12:24
That means so much thank you all. Will keep you informed how I get on with GP please all keep fingers crossed for me.

I know after speaking to my partner who will be with me, I can ask for a higher dose of diazepam. To get me through this, as I can take a seizure during the funeral if my anxiety and stress are too much.

My partner with fight my corner if need be but this GP is usually fantastic.

I'm not asking for much just a higher dosage, so I can function and maybe eat something. then for the funeral( I've to read out a poem can't do that without medication). So I know she'll help me out best she can, not sleeping I can deal with it's this crippling anxiety was on the phone to my cousin(Uncle was his dad) and due to anxiety, I lost my voice went mute for about 30 seconds of panic.

Also, I'm a qualified Combat Medical Tech, he's a Paramedic, so we know risks of addiction etc.

Even while I'm writing this my hands are trembling. I just need to fill this day up until 9am tomorrow.