PDA

View Full Version : They're back ....

Smarteenie
27-06-07, 18:48
I came of Fluoxitine eight weeks ago after being on them for ten months for sever panic attacks. Everything had been going really well and I was so pleased with myself. I was living like a 'normal' person, really enjoying spending time with the kids, going out .. I even went on hols to Iceland. Then, yesterday, I woke up feeling really wierd. I recognised the feeling and gave myself a good talking to but felt strange for the rest of the day. I am off to a fancy dress party on Saturday and so went to a fancy dress shop and then .. it started .. I had a panic attack. Admittedly it didn't last long and I think I managed to control it quite well but it really shocked me and set me back. I am now quite scared about them starting all over again. I am supposed to be starting my new job next week. Now I've had one does it mean they'll start again? Do people manage to hold down jobs with this? Has anyone tried homeopathy? Any advice about living with these without medication would be great.
Thanks for your help.

Jaco45er
27-06-07, 19:47
Hi there

It's difficult not to think they are back to stay. But it sounds like you coped very well.

It may be that the new job is on your mind? I often worry about a situation, like a meeting or going to a party, only to come through it and wonder why I was so apprehensive.

I know in Claire Weekes books, she talks about "setback" and how its good to let it come and realise you fear it less and less. Did you feel you coped better this time than before?

I have only had about 5 days off work in 10 years with anxiety, so managed to cope well with work, I often think if I wasn't busy working I would suffer more with anxiety.

I find exercise is my meds, and I dust off the ole copy of "Hope and help for your nerves" when I need a little comfort.

Above all, try and have a "so what" attitude rather than a "what if?"

TC

Jaco

Lindalou64
27-06-07, 20:38
Hi Smartie,
sorry to hear that they came back,but now you know what they are and it sounds like you have a handle on them,so just keep fighting them or just go with them and you know they will subside if you worry about them they like to remind us on how we feel so dont let them beat you, you have gotten through this before and you will again keep the faith..wish ya the best.....Linda