PDA

View Full Version : Chest Pains

vicky-chick
06-01-18, 19:39
Why does anxiety give you chest pains? It drives me crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nomorepanic
06-01-18, 20:52
Loads of different reasons really.

The heart is a muscle like any other so when we are stressed it gets tense as well.

tamin
08-01-18, 12:16
Its not just chest pains, been experiencing irregular heart palpitations, increase in blood pressure and even digestive issues.
Been to the doctor several times, about to go again because I'e started to experiance sharp pains in my chest (similar to severe heart burn) when I cough, seems like theres just one problem after another :weep:

axolotl
08-01-18, 14:02
When you're stressed your brain senses threat and primes your body for a "flight or fight" response, that is your brain and body are still wired for the days when threats meant you had to run for your life or fight your corner.

The kind of "threats" that happen in 21st Century civilisation rarely require you to run or fight, or your threat signals are triggered by an anxiety disorder, and so all these bodily changes happen without you having a release for all the stress chemicals pumping through your body. This is why we get body tension, palpitations, chest pains etc., as our body is working harder to allow us for a burst of activity that never happens.