PDA

View Full Version : SAD lamp

Worriedwellornot
06-01-18, 21:19
I've been posting here for last 4 weeks due to bad chest virus and cough. Still not feeling much better although cough is mostly gone. However I am now feeling quite anxious and depressed that this thing (back pain and muscle aches) will never go. I have been doing some reasearch on SAD lamps and wonder if anyone else has tried these and had good results. I have managed a short walk to the shop but left me very tired. I am concerned that the chest infection has left me with post viral infection. Any support gratefully received thanks

cattia
06-01-18, 22:29
I'm right there with you. I've posted about this too as you probably know. It's been three weeks for me. I'm back at work but still feeling drained and also very worried about post viral fatigue. A lot of people who've had this virus and don't have HA have said that it takes a number of weeks to get back to normal so I'm holding on to that. I also think that anxiety about feeling tired actually causes more fatigue and exhaustion so it's a bit of a viscous circle. I'm taking loads of vitamins and thinking that next week I might try some gentle exercise to build my strength up. You are definitely not alone in this and I also relate to what you say about the aches and pains as well as the fatigue as I still have those too.

poppy77
06-01-18, 22:30
My father in law has one and has said it's improved his 'winter moods.'

toddsmum
06-01-18, 23:15
Are SAD lamps not more for mood than post viral fatigue?

Are we allowed to suggest products on here? It's just my dad's doctor recommended a product from Boots and he's feeling better with it. I dont know if it has worked over the two weeks or just the extra time has helped :D

Worriedwellornot
07-01-18, 11:31
Thank you for your replies it means a lot. I ordered one online yesterday and hopefully will arrive this week. Not sure if it will be a quick fix but part of the armoury of getting better together with probiotics, rest and recuperation. I'm hoping I get a phased return to work once I've spoken to my dr tomorrow. I have a v stressful and busy job so know I can't just rush back in full time. I've booked a deep massage for Saturday and and filling in a meditation journal. I hope it helps. The aches definitely not so bad today! Cough much better . Steroids finally finished and 1 more day of antibiotics l. X