PDA

View Full Version : How can we deal with real life problems?

molkogirl
06-01-18, 23:34
I have gad with aspects of ocd and have been like this for as long as I can remember. I have had so much therapy and am on the waiting list (9 months) because a real life problem has sent my anxiety spiralling out of control again.
How can I learn to deal with real life problems when anxiety always make them 100 x worse? I have no perspective at all and find myself ruminating on the problem so much it engulfs my entire days.

Fishmanpa
06-01-18, 23:47
How can I learn to deal with real life problems when anxiety always make them 100 x worse? I have no perspective at all and find myself ruminating on the problem so much it engulfs my entire days.

That's the million dollar question no one has an answer to. Everyone is different and how they approach their illness and their varies. So far, the tried and true methods have proven to be most effective. Therapy, meds, self help in mindfulness, exercise, proper diet etc.

Positive thoughts

AntsyVee
07-01-18, 00:51
Some self help books might be a good option while you wait for therapy. A very useful book I use with my therapist is the Anxiety and Phobia Workbook by Bourne. It has some very practical advice and exercises to help you get through what seems like the impossible at times.