PDA

View Full Version : Woke up in altered state , please help ??

Taken_By_Surprise
07-01-18, 03:07
Hey guys

This is my first post , hopefully some of you can advise me .

for the past few years i have been experiencing anxiety . over that time ive learnt to identify and control it asmuch as i can , but something strange happened a few weeks ago

I had been in a stressed state for a few weeks over nothing and everything , and one morning i woke up super abruptly with strong palpitations and a feeling of being out of my body , my vision and hearing did not feel real , and i was super anxious . It was so bad i considered phoning an ambulance , but instead i went to the hot shower for 2 hours and then back to bed. by then i felt much more "real" and down to earth but still shaken by the whole experience

I have taken lots of drugs when i was younger, and know how to sit-out an intense situation. this helped me , but the actual experience was worse than any drug ive taken.

In the next few weeks in feeling better but start to notice ive a ringing in my right ear , and it interferes with sounds and how i hear. the weird hearing reminds me of being in that altered state i woke up in inexplicably , and puts me under pressure. Ive seen ENT doctors who send me for an MRI awaiting results now . From what i have googled it seems to be tinnitus , but its not going away , 4 months now , and moves to both ears lately .

Is it possible i took a panic attack in my sleep , derealisation , or some sort of brain problem like a stroke or such ? i feel very different from that day and cant enjoy music as much , and have weird hearing when in in quiet room or bed . If i drink red wine with family or get high , the ringing is much more noticeable and ruins things

What a total bummer guys !! its like my brain exploded , just this constant pressure feeling and high pitched shimmer/ hiss!! Any ideas ?:shrug:

Edit : something i also notice is that anxiety since then , seems to be expressed more subtly ... kindof feels like a short circuit in my head and this sound replaced the anxiety feelings a bit ... very weird