PDA

View Full Version : My anxiety and Panic

Maniusedtobe
27-06-07, 19:14
Hello guys, my name is Jordan im 22 and im from toronto, canada. I have had anxiety all my life but up until i was 18 it started getting bad im assuming because of that one time i was smoking weed and got an full blown panic attack. Right then i quit right away im getting anxious just writting this lol the past 2 years have been horrible, i wake up anxious and have a couple panic attacks a day, i wake up feeling tired the anxiety and panic have also caused depression, but when im with people and having a good time im alright..most of the time lol... im glad to see there are so many people like me and that im not the only one!!!! i also suffer from depersonalization at times..not all the time only when i have anxiety or panic... i have finally broken down and decided to take my doctors advice and im about to start 20 mg of Paxil.. im so terrified of taking it but i cant feel like this forever... and im also a hypocondriac which makes it all worse and i love to reasearch things.. anyways thats me in a nutshell...oh yes and im also starting a new job after this canada day long weekend im actually kind of excited thank you everyone for letting me vent i hope to talk and respond to alot of people on here Cheers!!!!!

honeybee3939
27-06-07, 20:23
Hi Jordan

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

take a look at the Symptoms, How to Cope and First step pages also Jordon that are sittuated at the left hand side of this page.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

groovygranny
27-06-07, 20:27
Hello Maniusedtobe, :welcome:to you!

Nope, you're definitley not alone in this!

We're all here for each other to help and support one another - pleased to meet you!

Try not to be too apprehensive about the meds - look at them as an 'enabler' to help you to cope with things at the moment, so give them a go eh? Little steps are still steps when you're moving forward.

:)

Lindalou64
27-06-07, 20:32
hi jorden and welcome,ya pot can do that at the time...but your gonna be ok.i think you should give the paxil a try never know till we try right.i wish ya the best........Linda

Maniusedtobe
27-06-07, 20:38
Thank you everyone for your sympathy and replies i really do appreciate it

Pink Princess
27-06-07, 23:48
hi and weloe to mp, glad to see you in chat and hope to talk again soon xxx take kare xxx

manmoor
28-06-07, 07:37
Hi Jordan,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

mirry
28-06-07, 11:02
welcome to NMP, you are not alone , infact theres so many of us :yesyes: .

Hope to chat to you soon.

belle
28-06-07, 14:52
Hi and welcome :)

x

Lozzie
28-06-07, 15:10
Hi Jordan :)

I think I spoke to you in chat the other day :)
Welcome to the site!
You will find lots of useful info and meet some lovely people too!

I find it a great comfort knowing that there are many people who are feeling the same as me!
Hope to see you in chat again soon!
Feel free to pm me if you wanna chat!

Take care
Laura xxx:flowers:

Gordon
28-06-07, 15:30
Hi Jordan,

Nice to see you in chat the other day, how did the fishing trip go - catch anything good?

Take Care

Gordon

Southern_Belle
28-06-07, 17:37
Hi Jordon,

Welcome to NMP. You will be amazed at how many people feel exactly how you do. I too have had anxiety since I was a child. I am also on Paxil extended release, the lowest dose, it has helped me get my life back. Please pm me if you want and let me know how you do. Good luck!

Laura

nomorepanic
02-07-07, 19:17
Hi Jordan

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and you meet some fab new friends along the way.

Take some time to read all you can on the website pages as well - I am sure that will be of some help.