PDA

View Full Version : 4 months H.A free... still free

Leah88
07-01-18, 07:09
The answer is meditation.
Accepting we are all only here for a short time ( relative to the age of the cosmos)
Facing your fear of death through meditation, because really health anxiety is just a fear of death.
Accept you are human and you will one day die as will everyone you love. Once you make peace with this you won’t have anxiety anymore.
Hope this gets through to someone as it worked for me.
Oh and medication too... always medication.

bin tenn
07-01-18, 14:40
Practicing acceptance is what got me over the fear of death. It used to be really bad. I'd lie in bed at night, unable to sleep, constantly worried about death and the fact that it will eventually happen. It wasn't even about "will it happen soon?" It wasn't about when, just the fact that it will happen eventually. I've since accepted it, and I don't have those issues anymore. I accept death.

ShaunRyder
07-01-18, 15:05
The answer is meditation.
Accepting we are all only here for a short time ( relative to the age of the cosmos)
Facing your fear of death through meditation, because really health anxiety is just a fear of death.
Accept you are human and you will one day die as will everyone you love. Once you make peace with this you won’t have anxiety anymore.
Hope this gets through to someone as it worked for me.
Oh and medication too... always medication.

Hey, how did you start off with meditation? Through youtube video or something else? I have done it before but want to give it a try.

Leah88
07-01-18, 20:18
Hey, how did you start off with meditation? Through youtube video or something else? I have done it before but want to give it a try.

I find I meditate deeper without guidance but there are plenty on YouTube if you’d prefer guided. I just lie down somewhere really quiet and let my mind clear. Literally just lie in peace till I feel like I’m detached from my body. I used to find meditating a little tedious but that’s because I’d deliberately “try” and clear my mind instead of just “ being”, if that makes sense.